Sacrifice (Book 2 of 2 - Sequel to 'Arranged Marriage To The Werewolf Prince')

SACRIFICE

-1-

King Vincent and Charlie rode into town as they had last year for the annual parade of the small village, Elda, to check on all things, to make sure not one section of Wilonia was in danger of collapsing. This year was a little different, King Vincent was retiring and handing the throne over to Charlie and Elena. 

In the event that they failed, Aaron would take over - Vincent and Makenna were still on the search for his bride. They had decided to let him meet with multiple princesses, but none of them stood out to him. A blur of elegant, radiant, well breed girls, but not a single one captivated him. Skyler, Aaron’s twin, decided she didn’t want to take the throne unless she absolutely had to.

Regardless of the addition of Elena to the family, the word had not left the kingdom walls that the royal family were a bunch of werewolves. Not that it changed much. Not even Elena’s family knew. They didn’t see much of her nowadays, but with the parade today they were stopping in for a visit. It had been nearly a year since they had all been together.

The doorbell rings and I enthusiastically rush to the door. I embrace my older sister tightly, “I’ve missed you so much!” 

“I’ve missed you too, Ana,” She smiles. “We’ve got a surprise.”

“A surprise?” I ask. The King and Queen come in the house followed by Skyler, Aaron - I blush -, and Charlie. I noticed Charlie is carrying something. 

“You’re an aunt,” Elena explains. 

“NO WAY! MOM! DAD! Get down here!” I jump up and down excitedly. I rush up to Charlie who is holding the tiny child. “Is it a boy or girl? How old is it? What-” 

“Calm down, you’ll wake her up. She wouldn’t stop crying the whole way here,” Charlie says in a hushed tone, looking at the tiny baby. 

“What’s her name?” 

“Anna. Two n’s. Similar to my nickname for you,” Elena smiles. 

“Why me? I didn’t even know you had a kid! Just when did-” 

“She’s a month old. And I think she’ll grow up to be just like you.” 

“Is that an insult?” I ask skeptically. 

“How is that an insult?” Aaron questions.

“She says things about me...” I grumble. 

“Like?” 

“Don’t you see it? Elena can’t put up with hyper people and Anastasia is the queen of energetic,” Skyler points out. 

Before I can comment, my parents come walking down the stairs. “What is it ‘stasia?” My mother asks. 

“Look!” I giggle pointing to Anna. 

My mother and father’s eyes widen slightly as they look at the small child. Anna has Elena’s blue eyes, but the same dark brown hair as Skyler and I, although it is much shorter. She is sleeping soundly in Charlie’s cradled arms. 

“You never told us you had a child,” My mother says accusingly. 

“I wanted to surprise you guys. She’s only a month old, I was thinking Anastasia could babysit if-”

“Yes! Yes! A million times! Yes!” I jump up an down enthusiastically. 

“And she could stay with us during the summer holiday, and if you guys aren’t busy you could join us. She only has a year before she graduates and we won’t keep her from school,” Elena continues.