Sacrifice -7-

-7-

Apparently the word had spread that Aaron and I were getting married. Once I returned the the castle I could see people I didn’t recognize surrounding the entrance. Paparazzi. Camera’s hung from their necks and notepads were in most of their hands eager to get the dirt. 

I was sneaking around the house avoiding the others. No doubt they knew by now. How did the humans find out? Did the werewolf council have influence over the human world as well? 

I am pulled into another room without warning. I am about to yell, but I realize it is only Skyler, Elena and Makeena. “What do you guys want?” 

“Did you see all the people outside?!” Elena exclaims. 

“I assume they all know... But how?” 

“The council spread the news. How come you never told us?” Makeena asks. 

“Because Aaron proposed just to get one of the council members to stop kissing me. He doesn’t really love me!” 

“Anastasia, you are blind. Has Aaron said that he doesn’t love you?” Skyler asks. 

“No, but-”

“See,” She interrupts. “You don’t know for sure. Aaron wouldn’t have bother if he didn’t love you. Plus you guys are mates now.”

“I can’t let Aaron-”

“Anastasia, this is serious. Everyone is expecting you guys to get married. We aren’t idiots we know you have feelings for him,” Elena states. 

“She’s right. This is very serious,” Makeena notes. “We have to begin planning and set a date for the wedding.” 

“Anna would be the most adorable flower girl!” Skyler smiles. 

“Guys! What if Aaron likes some other girl?” 

“He doesn’t. Like I said before you are blind. Being mates means that he has the same feelings for you if not more,” Skyler rolls her eyes. 

“What?” 

“Do you want me to get him?”

“No!” I blush at the thought of seeing him again after he could probably hear all my mental worrying. 

“Well then, just accept the possibility.”

“How do you know all this stuff?” I ask. 

“What stuff?” She asks innocently. 

“About relationships?” 

“She has an extra sense which can tell who are mates and who are not,” Elena explains.

“You knew the whole time,” My eyes grow wide. 

“No, only once you became a wolf. I mean I had my guesses when you were a human, but I am only sure if both the people are werewolves,” Skyler corrects.

“Oh,” I blush. 

“Aww, Anastasia is embarrassed!” Elena teases. 

“Shut up!” 

“Why you are adorable when you come to your senses?” Skyler joins Elena’s taunting. 

I narrow my eyes, “Sleep with both eyes open. I’m not going to sit hear and listen to your taunting.”

“You can stand then!” Elena grins. 

“I’m leaving,” I say abruptly dashing out of the room. I am half way down the hall, looking back making sure none of them are following me. I feel so... I can’t even explain it. Aaron has feelings for me! Maybe I’m not ruining his life! Maybe... I can’t get ahead- “Ouchie!” I am knocked down when I run into something hard. I hope it wasn’t a wall... again. 

“Sorry,” Aaron says. 

I look up at the sound of his voice and I am put in a trance by his emerald eyes. “It’s my fault I wasn’t watching where I was going. I’m hiding.” 

“From?” 

“My sister, your sister and your mom,” He helps me up. 

“Why?” 

“Haven’t you seen the people in front of the castle?” I ask.

He chuckles, “I have. Charlie and I went shopping and we barely made it back in the house in one piece. It is chaos out there!” 

“So I... um... talked to Skyler.”

“I heard. I was in the parlor, I was going to join you, but then we ran into each other.”

“Well, I wanted to ask you... about imprinting... I have no idea what to say...” 

He grins, “That’s alright.” He opens the door to my room and sits down at the foot of my bed and I take a seat next to him. “I’ll try to explain as much as I can,” He promises. 

“Okay. I want to know do you actually like me?” 

“Anastasia, we’ve been friends for years. Do you think I hate you?”

“No, but-”

“That’s all you need to remember. I have liked you since we starting talking at Elena and Charlie’s wedding. I hadn’t been that happy in awhile and made me laugh and smile the entire night. I didn’t think I would be able to marry you then because you were a human and the werewolf council is particular about royal marriages,” He explains. 

“Why not tell me?” 

“I didn’t want to force this life of you. So when you spent the next few years with us, I wanted to tell you, but I knew that if I did there would be a chance you might not feel the same way. and then what? The council men don’t like humans knowing about werewolves that is why none of the castle help or guards know.”

“But when I became a werewolf... you didn’t, you kept telling me you were supposed to be with a princess. So I still don’t think I understand...” 

His hand brushes my cheek and he keeps his face an inch away from mine. His sparkling eyes meet mine and it is as if he is silently asking for my permission. I look at his slightly parted lips, I can’t avoid it anymore, I cover his lips with my own and slowly they move in sync. We pull away moments later, both of us slightly breathless. 

“Well I thought it would be odd to ask you to marry me out of the blue without any warning. So I did mean everything when the council men came over. The proposal and the kiss. So Anastasia Roberts,” He kneels down in front of me with a tiny black box in his hands. “I’m doing this right. Will you marry me? Even though you don’t have much of a choice.”