Shocked

After our discovery Alexander is explaining the science behind how Atlantis can be underwater, and yet above the sea, of course, I had some knowledge of this from reading it in a book, but that wasn't as cool as being in Atlantis.  But when Hank starts looking around I can see the look of concern on his face, and walk over to him ignoring the conversation.

"Uncle, what's wrong?" 

"This is salt water."

"That shouldn't happen unless we are about to sink." 

That's when he gives me a look and walks over to warn the rest of our motley crew.

"We got a problem." He announces.

"What are you talking about?" Alexander asks annoyed. 

"You see this? It's saltwater." Hank begins. "The only way saltwater can get this far inland is from the subsoil below." 

"So?" Kailani questions. 

I look at them all.  "So, this Island is about to go under."

"The only saltwater here is on your brains." The older Anderson insults. "I've analysed the samples, and I've calculated the numbers. This island isn't due to sink for 14 years."

"Alexander, your numbers are wrong." I speak up.

"And how would you two know that?" The older man speaks with doubt, and judgement clear in his voice.

I roll my eyes as Hank  begins to explain, and then we begin to walk with him as he starts showing us examples in the island. That is until we reach a place full of water. 

"How long do we have?" Gabby asks worried.

"Based on all this water... two, three days max." 

Gabby begins to panic, but I look to Sean who has this look of disappointment on his face. "Sean, you're smart, you have to know a way off this death trap." 

His face lights up, and he gives me a kiss on the forehead, taking me by surprise. "What about the Nautilus?" 

I don't hear much still shocked about what Sean just did, that is until I hear that we are going on an expedition to find a captains final resting place. 

________________________________________________________

As we walk Kailani comes next to me. "I saw that forehead kiss, it seemed really sweet."

"Oh... I guess it was." I answer with a slight smile on my face.

"It's okay to like him you know. I think he likes you back, but he's a teenage boy he needs a bit of a hint or two." We laugh until we notice Hank has joined us in the back.

"Yeah he totally likes you. Do you want me to say something?"

I gasp. "Uncle, I beg of you, do not say anything." 

"Okay, but I trust you to make a good decision. I do think you are good for him though." And with that he walks away and me and the other Polynesian girl continue to talk the whole way to the tomb.