Foreword

Welcome to my book. Before you get started, I just need to tell you a few things. I won't be more than a few minutes, I promise. I would firstly like to thank you, the reader, for acquiring a copy of my book. I say acquiring because goodness knows how people get things these days, especially when things aren't nailed down. I appreciate your interest and you'll enjoy the adventures further in. Of that I am certain.

I want to thank all my colleagues both in the air and on the ground for your hard work, your ongoing love for this amazing airline and your dedication to the safe carriage of each other and our customers all these years. 

I particularly want to thank the small inner circle of people who have secretly supported me in the production of this book by reading it and telling me how I'm doing. You are the ones who let me know if what I was writing was crap. Oh, and thanks for keeping the secret too!

Now, I must implore to you all that whilst the stories and adventures are accurate at the time of writing, any people mentioned have been given the privilege of anonymity for their own protection. There is, however, one name that is correct in the book due to it being a crucial part of a particular chapter. I have sought permission though which has been agreed and life carries on and whatnot.

I should also tell you too, this book is very honest and doesn't always seem to portray the airline at its best. I wrote this because I wanted to show the outside world that despite having problems within, the people of the airline are passionate about their jobs. They pull together through disruption, they console and look after each other but most importantly, the love they have for one another at the airline is unconditional. Every loves to be working around people and in an environment that is free from prejudice and belittling labels. Minority groups don't exist here because we are all on the same team to achieve a common goal...to give the best and safest air experience for our customers.

Anyway, read on, enjoy this book and if you like it then pass it on or failing that, make them buy their own damn copy so I get more royalties. Cheers!

J. Swan