Control - Stefan Butler

Requested: No

Warnings: Profanity and blood mentioned

-x-x-x-

Each day with working on his 'Bandersnatch' game, Stefan's stress kept going up while his mental state continuously went down. The deadline came closer and closer, and Stefan worked day after day on it. He rubbed his sore eyes from staring at the computer screen too much and leaned back in his chair to take a little breather. A few seconds later, he was back into making the game.

Just then, a soft knock at his bedroom's door caused his attention to shift from the screen for just a second. The creator didn't say anything at the knock and continued working. Another knock came, this time with a sweet and soothing accented voice came along with it.

"Stefan?"

Stefan knew who was at the door, his girlfriend's voice was something he memorized.

Open the door // Keep working

Stefan ignored the voice at his door and he continued working on his game.

"Stefan, I know you're in there. I'm coming in." Said the voice.

Not moving his attention at all, the door to the bedroom opened with a short click. The door opened to it's full extent and revealed a young woman, about the same age of Stefan who was wearing just a red and blue stripped shirt with a dark blue thin sweater over it, dark blue mom jeans, and her hair in a high ponytail.

"I brought you some tea. Your dad made it and he wanted me to bring it up to you." The girl set a mug of tea onto Stefan's desk and stood by her boyfriend's bed.

Her face was contorted into a worried and concerned expression. She fidgeted with her hands and her (e/c) eyes didn't leave Stefan's body in the chair. There was some silence before she spoke.

"Your dad called me, saying he was worried about you working on your game too much. Did you eat breakfast this morning?" His girlfriend questioned. When he didn't answer, she pressed a little further.

"(Y/n), I'm fine." Stefan replied, getting a little agitated.

"Stefan. I'm worried about you. Your dad is worried about you! We're all worried about you! You haven't answered any of my calls and I haven't seen you or hung out with you for about a month now since you started working on that game! You haven't come out of your room for weeks!" (Y/n) said her words with anger and frustration. The girl then sighed and rubbed her face.

Just as Stefan thought he was done with the latest thing he added into the game, he pressed the 'run' button and watched as the screen tried going onto the home screen but failed. Stefan tried to fix it before it crashed, but his attempts were failures and the computer glitched from a black to white screen. Stefan's frustration with the game grew even further.

"Love, I miss you. I'm worried for your health as well. What you're doing isn't healthy and I want to help and talk to you about everything. If you just let me in! Please just let me in and talk to me! Let me help you!"

Pour tea on the computer // Shout at (Y/n)

"(Y/n), just fuck off!" Stefan snapped, rising from his chair so fast that it had fallen to the ground.

(Y/n) jumped back from Stefan's outburst and stared back at him with shock. Realizing what he had done, Stefan relaxed and his expression changed from anger to stressed and sadness in a matter of seconds. He looked down at his hands and apologized.

"I'm sorry...I'm...I'm just stressed and... " The male took a step toward his girlfriend but she stepped back, causing him to frown.

"Come and call me when you have your shit together, Butler." (Y/n) spat out before storming out the door, slamming it on the way out.