Take A Stand - Colin Ritman

Requested: Yes // Could you maybe do a colin x reader, they have been working together for years and have been dating (or maybe married for a while) Colin loves his work but y/n not so much, maybe Thakur treats her differently than everyone else (maybe sexism or flirting etc) and eventually she breaks down over it and Colin tried his best to remain calm and comfort her but can't help but feel the need to stand up for her. It's just an idea but I love your writing and would love to see your take on this 😊

Warnings: Large amount of profanity and sexism

-x-x-x-

"Bloody hell, (Y/n)! This is one of the best games I've seen this month!" Mr. Thakur, Tuckersoft manager, complemented you.

You had just recently showed your husband's boss a new video game you had created. It was fun, adventurous and tricky, everything you thought you needed to include in your game.

"Thank you very much." You blushed slightly.

"We'd love for you to work here, (Y/n). But..." Mr. Thakur trailed off in his sentence.

"But what?" You said, worryingly.

"It's just...well you're a woman." He bluntly stated. Suddenly, your eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"And? Is there a problem with myself being a woman?" You questioned him, your expression becoming annoyed.

"N-No! It's not the fact that you're a woman! Well actually it technically is but...we can't have a woman here at Tuckersoft as a video game developer. It would make our company look like a joke compared to others!" Thakur explained.

You could hardly believe what you were hearing. Just a minute ago, Mr. Thakur was stating how your presented game was one of the best he's seen this month! Now, he's trying to explain why on you, being a woman, would be bad for the company.

With every word Mr. Thakur was trying to say to 'make up' for his actions, you were becoming more and more irate. Your fists clenched in fury. But you couldn't allow yourself to explode, that would make you have less of a chance of working at the famed gaming company.

"But-But what about Chelsea? She works at the front desk! And Maria! There are at least a few several other women working about the building!" You tried to rationalize with him. Unfortunately, it was to no avail.

"Chelsea just works the phone and has a small, mini job. Maria just brings everyone coffee in morning, she's like everyone's personal assistant. No woman in the Tuckersoft company or building is a full on game developer, and there never will be." Thakur answered.

"But Mr. Thakur, I—" The manager interrupted you before you could say anything else.

"Apologies, mate. But I just can't hire you. Please show yourself out of my office." Thakur finished, waving his hand towards the door of his office.

Still furious and annoyed, you exited his office with a slam of his wooden door. You didn't want to overreact on the situation, but fuck that, he was being hella sexiest and it pissed you off! It's 1984 for crying out loud!

You stomped right passed your husband's work desk, where he sat listening to music while working. A rolled up cigar was between his lips as always.

He saw your angry face and decided to leave you alone to cool down until he arrived home that night. Colin watched as you left the building, still mad.

That's right, you were married to Colin Ritman. The Colin Ritman as most people described him. The well known game creator who worked with many other creators, as well. Married for two years and in love for less than five, it was a dream to be with him.