A Strange Thing - Stefan Butler

Requested: Nope

Warnings: Nothing really, just some plain ol' FLUFF AT THE END

-x-x-x-

Your Saturday morning of '85 started out pretty normal and happy. Being the older sister of Dustin Henderson, as well as being the Party's main babysitter, you were given the job over the weekend to watch the kids while they had a sleepover at your house. Your mom was out for the weekend and the parents allowed you to watch over them. The boys' sleepover at least, they knew they needed someone for them.

The girls, being Max and Eleven, were coming over for breakfast then hang out with the boys. Lucas and Mike were ecstatic to see their girlfriends, while Dustin and Will were just happy to hang out with their friends.

Steve, Nancy and Jonathan were going to come over around noon to help watch them, but for now, you made the Party's favorite breakfast; Eggos, bacon and pancakes. You weren't for sure it was their favorite, but they always asked you to make it every time you looked after them.

The reason for Steve and the others to come over was because you were waiting for an important call. A very important, life changing call.

Your dream, since you were a kid, was to work as a game developer or creator. You had several projects started, but your most recent one was by far the best. Over the years, you saved up enough money to help you get to England, where your favorite game company took place; Tuckersoft.

One of your favorite games was from Tuckersoft. The game 'Bandersnatch' had recently come out on Christmas and it was already the 3rd of January. You loved the game so much and you wanted to meet the creator himself, Stefan Butler. But unless you get this job, your dreams were going to have to wait.

"(Y/n)! Can I have more Eggos?" You heard El call out to you. You smiled at her.

"Sure thing kiddo. But don't eat so many, alright? I don't want Hopper on my ass because you got sick from too many Eggos." You and the gang laughed. It was special moments like these that made you happy to be their babysitter.

"Can you adopt us so we can have your breakfast everyday?" Mike asked.

"Dude, (Y/n)'s already our babysitter. She's basically already adopted us." Lucas pointed out.

"I like (Y/n) just as our babysitter." Will said, unable to hide his grin.

"She's my sister so—" The phone on the wall made a large ringing that interrupted Dustin.

You went over to the phone and answered it with a friendly greeting. The gang all quieted down to hear the conversation.

"Hello there! Could I talk to (Y/n)?" The person over the phone asked, their clear British accent thick.

"This is she." You replied.

"Ah! Well I called you to tell you regarding around the game you've submitted to us."

"O-oh! Yes! What-what about it?" You anxiously played with the telephone wire as you waited for the response.

"Congratulations! Your game was spectacular and we would love if you came to Tuckersoft to fully promote it!" The person told you. Your jaw dropped and you lost the ability to speak for a few moments.

"Y-Yes! Of-of course, I would love to! When should I come in?" You were holding onto the phone so tight, you thought it might break.

"Well considering you live in another country, we could have you fly in at least by next week. Don't worry, we have your ticket and flight already planned out for you!" You almost squealed out of excitement.