TWO

CHAPTER TWO:
THE FAMILY MEETING

LUTHER HARGREEVES  stood in front of his siblings as they sat on the couch

LUTHER HARGREEVES  stood in front of his siblings as they sat on the couch. Klaus was behind the bar fixing himself a drink and had a lit joint in his hand. Ben was nowhere to be seen but Alex was sitting next to Vanya and had a book in his hands. Diego was standing beside Luther and Allison was standing by Vanya.

"Um... I guess we should get started." he looked around. "so I figure we could have a sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words, just at dads favorite spot."

"dad had a favorite spot?" Allison asked looking at her siblings in confusion. Alex looked up from his book and mumbled:: "I guess we know who's dad's favorite."

Luther looked at her then nodded."You know, under the oak tree. We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?" said when he saw everyone's confused faces. Alex closed his book and placed it beside him. "not with me, no."

"Will there be refreshments? Tea? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner."Klaus said as he joined and stood by the couch Alex was sitting on and gave him a brief smile. Allison saw this but said nothing.
"What? No. And put that out. Dad didn't allow smoking in here." Luther said sternly. Klaus opened his mouth to say something when he was cut off by Allison.

"Is that my skirt?" she asked in amusement. Everyone turned and looked at Klaus. He looked confused and then looked down and realized what she was talking about.
"What? Oh, yeah, this. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathy on the bits. Besides, Alex loves it. He says it makes my legs look nice and sexy."

Alex looked at him in disbelief. " I did not!" to which he got a wink.

Luther started talking again about unnecessary stuff. "Listen up. Still, some important things that we need to discuss, all right?"

Diego looked up from the knife in his hand."Like what?"

"Like the way he died."

"And here we go."Diego scuffed. And went back to his knife.  "I don't understand." Vanya added."I thought they said it was a heart attack."

"Yeah, according to the coroner." Luther accused.

"Well, wouldn't they know?" Vanya questioned.

"Theoretically." Luther implied.

"Theoretically?" Allison places her glass on the side table.

"I'm just saying, at the very least, something happened. The last time that I talked to Dad, he sounded strange." Luther explained.