EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT:
THE VOTING

After the van fiasco was over, the Hargreeves-even the dead ones-all returned to the academy

After the van fiasco was over, the Hargreeves-even the dead ones-all returned to the academy. After all they had important things to discuss.

"I mean, do you really think Mom would hurt Dad?" Vanya asked from where she was sitting.

"You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya." Luther told his sister.

"Maybe you don't know Grace anymore.
If he was poisoned, it would have shown in the coroner's report." Allison told both.

"Well, I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes." Luther argued. 

"Maybe all that low gravity in space  messed with your vision." Diego said with an eye role.

All while Alex was sitting on one of the sofas and enjoying his popcorn.

Luther showed the film again. " Look closer." He said and all the siblings leaned closer to have a look. "Dad has his monocle, Mom stands up, Monocle's gone."

Diego chuckled, "Oh, yeah! She wasn't poisoning him. She was taking it to clean it."

"Then where is it?" Luther scuffed, "No, I've searched the house, including her things." Alex raised an eyebrow. So Luther just goes and searches everyone's stuff. How rude of him.

"She doesn't have it."

"That's because I took it from her." Diego admitted, "After the funeral."

"You've had the monocle this whole time? What the hell, Diego?" Allison uttered in disbelief.

"Give it to me." Luther ordered.

Vanya was looking between her siblings.
Alex was still eating the popcorn and had even shared some with Ben.
Klaus was standing next to Alex and he too was enjoying the show.

A drama loving family.

"I threw it away." Diego said.

"You what?"

"Look, I knew that if you found it on Mom, you'd lose your shit, just like you're doing right now." Diego scuffed.

"Diego, you son of a bitch."

"Whoa!"

"Hey." Vanya tried to end the argument.

"No." Stubborn-space-cunt said.

"Calm down." Vanya tired again.

"Look, I know Dad wasn't exactly an open book," Vanya explained her theory, "But I do remember one thing he said.
Mom was, well, designed to be a caretaker, but also as a protector."

"What does that mean?" Allison quotations.

"She was programmed to intervene if someone's life was in jeopardy."