TWELEVE

CHAPTER TWELVE:
THE WAR

Five and Luther were sitting in Diego's room

Five and Luther were sitting in Diego's room. Five on the bed and Luther in front of him on a chair.

"When's it supposed to happen?" Luther asked, "This apocalypse."

"I can't give you the exact hour, but from what I could gather, we have four days left."

"Why didn't you say something sooner?"

"It wouldn't have mattered."

"Of course it would." Luther argued, "We could've banded together and helped you

try to stop this thing."

"For the record, you already tried." Five said softly.

"What do you mean?" Luther asked curiously.

there was a long silence. and then Five finally answered.

"I found all of you." He then whispered, "Your bodies."

"We die?" Luther was shocked and it could be detected from his tone.

Five was quiet like he was remembering something.

"Horribly. You were together, trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world."

"Wait, how do you know that?"

Five took out an eyeball from his jacket, "This was clutched in your dead hand when I found you." He then added, "Must've ripped it out of their head right before you went down."

"Whose head?" Luther asked as he examined the eyeball.

"Like I said, I don't know."

"Well, there's a serial number on the back." Luther tried to be helpfull, "Think maybe you could try-"

"No, that's a dead end." Five interrupted and let out a light chuckle., "It's just another hunk of glass."

He then turned serious, "There's something else."

Luther looked up from the eyeball, "What?"

Five wetted his lips, "I- You know how when I came back I was surprised that Alex was dead?"

Luther set the eyeball aside and fully looked at Five, "But you knew that Ben was dead."

Five nodded, "Exactly. I found Vanya's book in the library, the one she left for Dad. I read it and found out about Ben but there was nothing on Alex."

"Yeah, it was weird that she said nothing of him, They were close after all. she was almost as bad as Klaus when he died."

Five leaned closer, "That's the thing. When I found the bodies,"