FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE:
THE FUNERAL

Five stood in front of the portrait of himself which was hanged on the wall next to the picture of the umbrella academy

"Nice to know Dad didn't forget me." Five said as Vanya came and stood by him. Unknown to them, Alex was also standing next to Five. He was looking at the family pics. Well, family pics without Vanya. He sighed and turned to the other two -only one he could see- in the room.

"Read your book, by the way." Alex winced. The book was a sensitive subject in their family. All the unnecessary hate Vanya got was because of the book. He was there with Ben and Klaus when they first read the book. It basically exposed all their secrets to the public. Something that none wanted but still got.

"Found it in a library that was still standing.
I thought it was pretty good, all things considered." Five glanced at Vanya. "Yeah, definitely ballsy, giving up the family secrets.
Sure that went over well." he shrugged.

"They hate me." Vanya said in disappointment.

"Oh, there are worse things that can happen." Five tried to comfort her.

"You mean like what happened to Ben and Alex?" She got a nod in return.

"Was it bad?" she gave him a look.

Alex got a pained look on his face.

☄︎

The Hargreeves children, Grace and Pogo all stood outside in the pouring rain. All but two had a black umbrella over their heads. Klaus had a small white and pink umbrella over his head and Diego decided that he's too tough for an umbrella, so he was standing under the rain and getting wet. Alex was standing next to Ben, both had a colorful umbrella over their heads. But of course, no one but Klaus could see them.

The children -more like adults but they still act like kids so we're gonna call them children- looked at the statue of their brothers who weren't as lucky as them and had died at a young age. Both being around 20.

There in the garden stood two statues of ben and Alex Hargreeves.

"did something happen?" Grace asked in confusion and looked at her children for an answer. They all looked at her in concern.

Vanya was the one to reply. "dad died, remember?"

Grace looked around and seem to understand. "oh." and then started into the distance. "yes
, of course."