SIX

CHAPTER SIX:
THE FUTURE

It's was a normal day in the Hargreeves mansion

It's was a normal day in the Hargreeves mansion. Everyone was doing their stuff.

Luther was with Allison somewhere, probably on the roof, talking and doing their shit.

Diego was either with his mom,  helping her around or he was throwing knives at Luther's pictures.

Klaus and Alex were smoking some joint they found and were high as fuck.

Ben was with them reading his book. And shaking his head in disappointment.

Five was probably in the library reading shits about science.

And Vanya was in her room playing her violin.

That was until they heard a bell go off. Dinner was ready. All the Hargreeves children rushed down the stairs-Klaus and Alex took their joint as well- and stood behind their chairs, waiting for their father to come so they could begin.

Luckily for them, he arrived soon and with that, they all sat down and began their dinner.

Klaus and Alex were rolling a new joint under the table when a loud sound made them drop it.

Across from the, Five had stabbed a knife in the table. Everyone froze and looked at him.

"Number Five?" Reginald asked without looking up.

"I have a question." Five asked from where he was sitting and inspected the knife.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during mealtimes. You are interrupting Herr Carlson."

"I want to time travel."

Alex nearly choked on his food.

"No."

"But I'm ready." Five said like the stubborn kid he is.

"I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." he Portal-ed next to Reginald. "See?"

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel." Reginald began to science. "One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn."

Alex turned to Klaus and mouthed 'what?' with a confused face and got a shrug. He looked at the faces of his other siblings and saw total confusion. He nodded to himself satisfied. He wasn't alone at being dumb.