𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

at almost one am, molly decided it was her cue to leave. paul was almost drunk, but not quite.

george was tired and sweaty from playing with the hula hoops. "i'll see you tomorrow," molly kissed each of the boys' cheeks and climbed back down the house.

"bye, molls!"

george closed and locked the window. paul flopped back down on the bed with a sly smile on his face. he softly chuckled at the things they did.

"that was fun..." george laid on the floor, not even caring about his comfort. "are you going to-"

"what'd'you think of molly?" paul blurted with a hiccup, interrupting george without care.

"molly," george breathed. he held his hands in his hair. "she's my friend. i don't need to ask what you think of her."

"yeah... she's something," paul slurred.

he'd already put the whiskey away at that point, but the alcohol from earlier caught up with him.

"if we're talking about birds, let's not talk about her. i don't see her in that way," george stated.

"wh- all the boys see her in that way!" paul laughed. "she's just... amazing..."

george sighed. "what about carol? anne? wendy!" george wiped a bead of sweat trailing down his face.

"what about them?" paul rolled on his side to face george. "they've shagged our whole school anyway,"

george closed his eyes and laid his head down. "why do you take so much interest in molly?"

"she's nice to me... she doesn't drool over me... she's fit..."
george cringed when hearing the last part. only because he agreed. he just didn't like hearing paul say it. "she looks like a younger bridgette bardot," paul got excited just by thinking about it.

"goodnight, paul."

                                           *

"a little birdie told me you'd be here,"

john snuck up behind molly and nearly frightened her to death. it was eleven am in the flower shop molly was in.

"heavens sake, john! don't scare me like that!" she quivered, holding a pot full of flowers.

john was doubled over laughing. molly squinted her eyes at him and continued looking at flowers. funnily enough, she was wearing a flower-patterned dress.

it was the following saturday. molly made it home safe, but only to be scolded by her step-grandpa.

"who told you i'd be here?"

"paul," john replied thoughtlessly, not realizing how strange it sounded. he wiped a tear as he started to rethink his earlier sentence. "i mean, he knew only because you told him last night,"

"i don't think i did," molly said quickly after, scanning him up and down. he was wearing a plaid shirt and jeans. he looked almost like a country boy.

"oh..." john plucked a single flower from her pot and put it behind her ear.

"how's art school?" molly sneered. "must be artsy, no?"

"yeah, no, it's artsy and all," john stumbled over his words as he followed her.

molly walked and put the pot down by the others. "and how's your girlfriend?"

"oh, yeah, she's fine," john tediously rubbed the back of his head.

he didn't know why he would be nervous around molly of all girls. he'd known her for years! why all of a sudden now was he beginning to get nervous around her?