𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

it was the morning after john and molly went to london, and molly had gotten home at nearly three am. she was exhausted from walking with john, sightseeing and exploring.

thankfully, eduardo and her mother were asleep. but, they left a note on the fridge for when she got home. it read: 'you're grounded for the whole time we're on vacation. no complaints.'

she lightheartedly laughed at the note, knowing full well she'd disobey that note. scoffing, she quietly, but quickly made her way upstairs.

john and molly didn't do much in london due to the weather. windy, a bit rainy. it was sixty degrees outside that day.

the one thing they did that was memorable was take pictures outside in the rain. countless pictures— possibly a hundred. disappointingly, her film ran out. she vowed to get the photos developed as soon as possible.

ring, ring.

the phone on molly's bedside table began ringing when she was getting undressed. she quickly answered it so her mother wouldn't awaken.

"hello?"

"molls," paul's tired voice answered.

"paul, what're you doing up at three in the morning?" molly asked as she got her nightgown on.

paul chuckled. "i had a dream about you," he coughed. "you went to london or something..."

"paul, go to bed. you're just tired. you-" she said before she could comprehend what he said. "wait, did you say london?"

"yeah. it's weird, i know. i'll just go back to-"

"no! i did go to london!" molly almost yelled, but she stopped herself. "i went yesterday," she got into bed and covered up.

"you went to london all by yourself?" paul asked with concern.

"no..."

"who'd you go with?"

"erm, john," she barely whispered.

"huh?"

"john," she said comprehensibly. "we went to london together,"

paul's eyes went into a furrow. "i thought he had a date with thelma!"

"oh, he broke up with thelma. he told me so," molly gossiped. "he might be seeing this new bird, though. i think... connie? cynthia! that's it."

he scoffed. "and why did you go to london with john?" he quipped.

"i didn't plan it, paul. he showed up at the bus stop where i was," she explained a bit touchily.

"hmm," paul hummed.

"so that's all you've got to say to me?" she asked. "i'm a bit tired,"

"oh, yeah, sorry. that's it," he said. "when can i see you again?"

"i dunno... when do you want to see me again?" molly asked innocently.

"how about tomorrow?" paul asked. "when do your folks go out of town?"

"tomorrow, actually," she sighed. "yeah, i suppose we can go out tomorrow. dinner?"

"sounds alright to me,"

"how's six?" molly looked at the clock. three twenty. "we can go to that one diner!"

"okay. see you then, love,"

"bye, james." she called him by his real name.

"goodbye, mary." he used her real name, too.