Part 1-Betcha By Golly, WOW!

I used the name "Ivan" and wore brown contact lenses, it was easier not to be recognized that way. I moved to this city in the Southeast of North America because no one knew who I was here.

At least I knew that my privacy was being protected here.

I decided to do a casual job for the couple next door by being their gardener. I didn't ask for much. Besides, I was starting a teaching job in the performing arts here. I wish I had someone to share that with.

I saw Mr. Crane come over. This gentleman was kind and friendly, his wife was too. Strangely she never was around when I started gardening there. I began to wonder if they had split up.

"Hello Ivan."

"Hello Mr. Crane. How are you?"

"I'm fine. I see you're watering the aloe vera plants while enjoying some of our lemonade."

"Yeah, it's really good."

I saw the living room door facing the backyard open.

"Oh, I don't think we had a chance to introduce you."

Like a vision, she appeared to me. Wearing a white strapless sweetheart neckline dress of bodycon design.

Whoa... Who IS this beautiful girl? This fair skinned girl with dark honey blonde brown hair of African curls?

She honestly looked like she came out of a fashion magazine.

She was so lovely, I have to know her name.

I took her hand and kissed it.

She smiled and hugged Mr. Crane.

Oh! Don't tell me!

"Ivan, I would like you to meet my daughter Delena."

Whew! That was a relief! Wait, HIS DAUGHTER?

"Hi."

"Nice to meet you Delena. I almost thought it was Lena."

"I've been called Lena before."

"As in Lena Horne. Who was just as beautiful as yourself."

She smiled. She was truly a breathtaking sight.

"Say dad, did mom have a chance to co-sign my application at the school?"

"Yes sweetie she did. She mailed it right before she went to see your aunt."

She was enrolling in a school? I wonder...

"May I ask what field you'll be studying and where?"

"The local college downtown and it's for acting." She replied.

WOW! That's exactly where I'll be teaching!

"May I see a demonstration of your talent?"

She began to laugh.

"Okay."

She recited the profound and most controversial line from the 'Godfather: Part II':

https://youtu.be/_g9RI0GgRIQ

I was utterly amazed. Not many aspiring actresses, especially young ones such as herself would be that bold to recite that. Namely its subject matter.

"That was incredible." Beautiful and talented.

"Thank you."

I could see that she also conveyed the emotion beside empathizing.

I'm more convinced now to teach her.

Just then Mr. Crane checked his watch.

"Oh, I was supposed to call your mother seven minutes ago. I better do so before I forget again."

I watched as Delena's father went inside.

I was alone with her, as I was anxiously anticipating.

Delena went and dusted off one of the lawn chairs nearby and was about to bring it over.

"No Lena, you don't have to do that. You can have mine."

"Okay."

As Delena went to sit I sat on the ground beside her. She checked the lawn table and picked up the copy of a Batman comic I was reading.

"I have always liked Batman. He's a very misunderstood and complex character."

"Yes, Catwoman is the same as well. I have always liked her, and hated seeing her be villainous."

She liked Batman and Catwoman? Wow! I haven't ever met anyone who shared that same view beside mine.

As Delena was reading, I saw how focused and very absorbed she was in the story.

"He does desire her, he just doesn't want others to know for fear of being ostracized."

"My thoughts exactly."

Wow, for so young she knew what that word meant.

"I could help you re-enact that comic."

"Really? But Ivan, I thought you were a gardener?"

"I have a confession to make. I'm actually an actor-director and I'm going to be teaching acting at the same college you'll be attending."

She was surprised.

"Really? Wow!"

I began to whisper.

"Shh! Don't tell anybody okay?"

"Not a problem."

I could see how excited she was. Delena was eager for me to teach her as I was.

Oh, I think I found one.