Part 10-Epilogue

I always knew that Delena would be a success at acting. When I found out from her roommate she was going to be in one, I was so happy. I planned on attending her play since day one. A few days earlier I injured my hand making coffee during work. 

I telephoned Delena and told her I wouldn't be able to come. 

But a part of me was telling me otherwise.

I scheduled an appointment with my doctor and learned that my hand would recover sooner than I had previously thought. I was so happy hearing this news, thank you God!

I had a plan for the night of the play. 

When it was the day of the school play everyone had turned out. I told the director to keep the right side of the stage dark when it was the cue for curtain up. I was backstage watching from the corner where she couldn't see me. Once it was her musical number, I would surprise her. 

Delena had decided on the songs she was going to sing. Her voice was lovely, trust me.

The play was about a girl who fell in love with a bad boy. He was seeing her behind his conceited girlfriend's back. They went to the local dance and spent a romantic night together. Once word got out that he was with her, their relationship was jeopardized. Kinda ironic wouldn't you say?

Once it was time for Delena singing break, she broke out of character.

"This set of songs I'll sing will be dedicated to a special someone in my life." She smiled.

"He's a lot like the male character in our play. Handsome, intelligent, and a bad boy."

The audience laughed.

When she was about to sing, she turned around and saw me walked on stage and handed her a bouquet of roses.

She nearly cried but turned her attention back to the songs she was going to sing.

She sung the 'First Cut is the Deepest', 'Without You', 'I Want it That Way', and 'No Place'.

All the while seating next the same man who inspired the book which told of their love affair. This very same man she loved, who loved her more. Me.

The end.