Part 8-Is the Passion Still There?

I didn't get Delena's personal phone number. But I got the address and telephone number of the boarding house of the university she studied at.

I mailed her one package that had long stem roses. The other had a satin nightgown of white. The last had a TimeLife CD collection of romantic love songs of the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and early 2000s.

I knew she would love those items. She would know who obviously sent those items by now.

I decided to telephone her, the first time in years I would hear her voice.

I dialed the number and waited. One of her dorm mates answered and told me to wait.

"Hello Delena."

"Boone."

"How have you been?"

"Good."

I went to the CD player and started to play my favorite song from John Denver.

Those words sung were the exact words I wanted to tell her. I was sorry and still love her with all my heart.

The next day...

I gave my daughter Jenny a bath to keep her warm and relieve her of cold symptoms.

As I was doing so, I thought about the time I bathed with Delena after we made love. Then another time when she was lying there waiting for me to come.

"Daddy? Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah Jenny, I'm fine. I was just thinking about something."

As I carried Jenny back to her room I thought about Delena again. Especially the kiss I gave her that second time we bathed.

Well, now people know our story, at least what is true of course

Many famous works have been said to be roman a clef, almost fictional just some parts are non-fictional.

I want this story to be told. Remind people of what is important.

Now as I ponder, I do wish things didn't end the way they did.

They're times I wish that Delena was here with me.

Would I ever see her again? Would she ever want to see me again?

Well, only time will tell...

There was a knock on the door. "Daddy's just gonna go and see who that is, okay Jenny?"

I quickly went downstairs and asked the front door.

When it opened I was met face to face with the woman whose heart I stole and had given herself to me.