Cousin Dearest

*I felt inspired so here y'all go, thank you guys so fucking much for the support.*

Today is the day my cousin comes over to stay for an entire week.

Oh... joy.

Now, believe me, I love her to death but... I could literally kill her at any moment.

She's probably one of the most annoying people in the entire world.

You meet her at first and you're like 'Oh she's not that bad!' And then 5 minutes later you absolutely despise her.

I guess you could get along with her if she didn't speak but she'd probably find a way to make you hate her anyways.

Zack and I sat patiently on the couch while waiting for her to arrive.

About 10 minutes after we initially sat down, we heard a knock.

"That'll be her. I'll get it." I stood up and walked quietly to the door.

I looked out the peep hole and saw my cousin staring at her nails and tapping her foot, 3 suit cases behind her.

God she always over packs.

I opened the door and her face instantly lit up, she pulled me into a death grip of a hug.

"(Y/N)! Nice to see you again, darling!" She cooed.

"Cathy! Nice to see you too." I wheezed.

"Oh and who's this fine gentleman? You didn't tell me you replaced that Tyler fellow!" She released me and pointed at Zack.

"That's Zack, he's my roommate." I said.

"Oh so he's single? Y'know I've always had a thing for the tall, dark and handsome." She looked Zack up and down like a piece of meat.

"Actually we're dating, so no, not single." I said.

"What the fu-" I sent Zack a glare, which shut him up.

"Aw, too bad. Oh well. Show me to my room and have your boy toy take my bags up, will you?" She kicked her shoes off and linked our arms.

"You're taking my room, and also you'll be bringing your own bags up." I raised an eyebrow.

I've always been the only one brave enough to put Cathy in her place, that's how it's been since we were kids.

She's also been the only one to accept me for who I am.

Well, her and now Zack.

"Here you go, make yourself at home. I already know you will but it's common curtesy to say it." I said.

"Oh, cousin dearie, you always have been quite the outspoken one, haven't you?" She sat down on my bed and crossed her legs.

"You know it." I winked and left the room.

"Oh! Don't forget to bring your bags inside!" I reminded her.

I heard an annoyed groan come from my room.

"So, we're dating now?" Zack glanced at me from his spot on the couch.

"What else was I supposed to do?" I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him.

"Not lie." Zack said.

"Look, I know you don't like liars but technically I'm not lying. You could say that time we saved those 3 girls was a date. Which means we've been on a date. We just haven't made it 100% official yet." I shrugged.

"That's not the damn point but oh-fucking-kay." Zack said sarcastically.

You may be wondering, 'Zack sounds kind of mad about the lying thing, maybe you should apologize and tell Cathy the truth.'

Nah, Zack's just gonna have to suck it up, and if he is mad then I'll apologize later.

For now, my cousin can never know the truth.

Because if she did she would hit on Zack and then I'd have to punch her.

For various reasons... not because she would flirt with Zack.

Anyways, what was I doing?

I don't remember.

Right, I was doing nothing.

I walked over to the couch and plopped down, laying on my back and staring up to the ceiling.

This is what I do when I'm bored, ok?

Don't judge.

Zack walked over and moved my legs before sitting down next to me.

"Your cousins kind of a bitch." He said.

I scoffed and laughed a bit.

"Yeah, but she's my family, so I'll put up with her for as long as I live." I sat up and looked upstairs.

My door to my room was closed, you could hear Cathy's music blaring as loud as her speaker would allow it.

"You ever gonna tell her the truth?" He asked.

"Yeah, before she leaves I will. I only lied so she wouldn't flirt with you the entire time." I said.

"You mean so she wouldn't flirt and make you jealous, making you punch her." He glanced over at me.

"What? I don't get jealous! You're insane." I crossed my arms.

"You already know I'm insane, and so are you." He said.

I rolled my eyes and rested my head against the back of the couch.

"Anyway, she still hasn't brought her bags up, should I just do it?" He questioned.

"Nah that's what she's trying to do, just leave 'em, when she sees that we still haven't brought them in she'll just do it herself." I looked up the stairs again.

"Fine by me, less work to do." He sighed and laid back like I was.

I grabbed his hand, leaving our fingers untwined.

He didn't flinch back, or move at all.

He just let me do what I wanted with him, a kind of trust that was never there before.

I smiled a bit and looked over at him, his eyes were on our hands and the corner of his lips were a bit upright, forming the smallest smile.

I laid my head back again and closed my eyes, feeling completely calm, even with the music blaring.

I felt at peace.

*Face reveal???*