2 a stupid move

maxi and jesse have gotten really close over the past month. they have spent lots of time hitting the beach and surfing after work hours so i don't really see too much of maxi which is kind of weird. nothings happened between us but we have definitely drifted apart a bit. if it wasn't for working together we would probably see each other once a week, if we're lucky. lately i've wanted someone to hang out with and talk to, just like maxi and i used to but since he's off with jesse i've called harrison. he lives in the same apartment complex as me and we are good mates. jesse also lives with him and quite often maxi visits them and then head around to my place. anyways, harrison invited me to his place and he makes a nice chicken salad for us both for dinner. about two hours into being with harrison we are sitting down on the couch eating ice cream talking about life. "can i talk to you about something?" i ask him and he nods. "of course you can" he says and sit my ice cream down. i tell him about maxi and i and about how distant we have been getting. we talk for about twenty minutes and he gives me really really good advice on what to do. all of a sudden we hear a key unlock the door and it opens to reveal a shirtless jesse and maxi who have obviously just come back from surfing. "oh hey el" maxi says and him and jesse both look at us confused about why i was here. "what are you guys up to?" jesse asks and dumps his bag on the ground and him and maxi take a seat beside us. "just talking, nothing too much" harrison says and i nod. it goes silent for a bit and i tell them i'm going to leave and i do so after saying goodbye. yeah something definitely up with maxi and i. he didn't even talk to me the whole time i was in there nor did he come after me.

harrison's pov

after elyse leaves i have to knock some sense into maxi

"oi maxi, can i just talk to you for a mo" i say and pull him into my room. "your girl, el, she's not doing too well" i say and he looks at me confused. "huh?" "look, max, you've been spending all your time with jesse, which is cool but you have spent next to no time with el and she's hurting. she called me this afternoon to see if she could come around and just talk and hang out with me because she hasn't done that in so long with someone. you see, we talked about everything and she told me how you're her everything. you're all she's got here apart from the older guys at the tower but you're her age and she understands you. you understand each other. but she's noticed you guys are drifting apart and she really doesn't want that. she needs you and you probably need her to maxi" i tell him and he sits there with his head down. "you need to talk to her" i say to him and he nods. "yeah - uh - i'll go see her" i say and stand up. "she doesn't have work tomorrow and i know you don't too so spend time with her" i say and he nods. "okay" he says and bolts out of my room and out of our apartment.