41 the first week

harrison has been so incredibly helpful and lovely over the past week. obviously during the day he's been at work and i've been looking after the baby but when has afternoons off he'll cook dinner and clean the house. or he'll look after the baby while i get some thing done or even take a nap without the wee one waking us up.

we've had a hard time deciding names. there wasn't one name we loved. we liked a heap of names but none stood out so we've waited until we found the right one. which have, just now.

"harrison, i've come up with three names today" i say and he comes and sits by me excitedly. "parker, harry or xavier" i day and his eyes light up. "parker. i like that" he says and i smile. "how much do you like it?" i question and he thinks for a bit. "a lot. em, for sure that's the one" he says and within minutes we've decided his name.

"parker lewis reid"

that night i head to bed early as i haven't slept to well over the past couple of days. harrison takes care of parker and feeds him and puts him to sleep. as i'm drifting off to sleep i hear him doing his laps around the house with parker which he loves as it sends him to sleep. so god damn cute.

that night i sleep pretty well. i hear parker once but harrison wakes and tells me he's got this one and tells me to go back to sleep. i fall asleep almost instantly and in the morning i wake up to little parker and harrison cuddling in our bed.

i stare at them both, not wanting to wake them up because of how cute they look

i stare at them both, not wanting to wake them up because of how cute they look. instead i snap a picture and upload it to instagram where a bunch of like and comments come flooding in. i come to the photo with the caption-

'my two favourite boys 👶🏼👨‍👦so incredibly lucky to have them in my life, i love you two to the moon and back 🌙💫'

i head out to the lounge after posting it and i tidy up all of parker's mess and toys. after about ten minutes the lounge is in a much nicer and more manageable state which is nice for one. i peel back into our bedroom where i see that harrison is awake and scrolling in his phone, while parker lays on his stomach and harrisons hand rubs his back. he notices me and flicks me a smile, careful not to wake wee parker up. i crawl over to them on the bed and harrison puts his free arm around him and i cuddle his side and look at parker. "morning baby" he says and kisses me head. "morning" i say and smile. "i saw your instagram" he says and i smile wider. "you are to goddamn cute. i love you to the moon and back" he says and i pull away slightly so i can kiss his lips. after laying there for a while together, harrison very gently takes parker to his cot and sets him down to sleep for as long as he can. he switches on the noise monitor and leaves the room, back to the kitchen where i'm making some pancakes for us. he's not working today and everyday he's not working we alway make a cooked breakup some sort for us both. he whips up some bacon and we sit down eating it until we finally hear the baby alarm go off. "i got this" i say and walk over to parker's room where i see him crying in his cot. "parker baby" i say quietly and pick him up, holding him in my arms close to my chest. "shhhh" i day and bounce him around and rub his back.

we spend the day just chilling around the house and looking after parker which we are still obsessed with. i'm sure soon it'll become boring having to change nappies and have many sleepless nights on end but it'll all be worth it for sure. tonight harrison jumps into bed kinda early - at 9pm and heads off to sleep because he's so tired. after i finally get parker to a good sleep, it's close to 10pm. i set him off to sleep and wander back to our room where harrison is sprawled across the bed.

that's the problem with him. he will take up the entire bed when you are not there and he'll leave you with a tiny bit of bed with no sheet or duvet. but i have my ways of getting him to move over. i hop in and wrap my arms around his waist and he wakes slightly. knowing it's me cuddled up against him he turns around and moves over - realising that i don't have enough space and we both settle off to sleep in each other's arms. boom. just like that.