0.027

The pain is everywhere, it's a second skin as the girl feebly attempts to make it up the cold stone steps where the fate of her father  awaits. Her breaths are heavy as her weak limbs try to hold themselves up. Jay keeps a strong arm around her torso to give El the aid she needs to finish this process.

As the big glass doors loom over her, the realisation of what she is about to do sinks in. Nerves get the better of the young girl as her chest heaves, "I can't do this," she whispers as breathing become foreign to her.

"I'm going to be right with you El, no matter what. Every step of the way. I promise you," Jay soothes as the girl he loves is engulfed by fear, the fear of the unknown.

She doesn't know what will happen to her once the statement has been given, if she will be allowed to stay with Jay and his loving family or if they will make her be sent away.  But she knows this is the best thing she could do, to rid the monster that has haunted her dreams for so many years and put him where he belongs. Rotting in a cell, forgotten about for the rest of his pathetic existence. 

Jay continues to rub El's arms as she comes back round, taking in a deep breath to control herself the next words she spoke forever etched into Jay's mind as he is so proud of what she has over come.

"Let's put this bastard where he belongs."