𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦.

The girl smiled, "Klaus."

"So you are real." Klaus smirked, his eyes flickering over the red head. She was wearing pale, ripped jeans and a faded yellow tee. He couldn't tell if her clothes were faded because she was dead or if it was for the, as the young kids say, 'aesthetic'.

"It depends what you define as 'real', Klaus. I'm dead." She said, staring at him curiously.

"How do you know my name?" He asked, he was sitting directly opposite her at the other end of his bed, the girl had piqued his interest but he couldn't quite understand why.

"The same as I know all of your siblings names, I've been stuck in this house for years. I was here when the house was empty apart from your Father, Grace and Pogo. I've learned a lot about the Hargreeves."

"You can't leave?"

She shook her head, her auburn hair falling over her shoulders, "no. Believe me I've tried."

Klaus rested his elbows on his knees, placing his head on his hands, "interesting..."

The girl stared at him, waiting to for him to continue.

"What did you say your name was?"

"I didn't."

"Hm."

"Bea. My name is Beatrice Rye."

Klaus raised his eyebrows, "Rye?"

"Like Catcher in the Rye," she sighed, "my mom really liked that book."

"That's sweet," Klaus replied, "what did you mean last night when you said you'd been waiting for me to see you?"

"You've always been too high to notice me, when you're sober it's easier to contact you."

"Contact me?" Klaus laughed at the term.

Bea crossed her arms, "what's so funny?"

"That someone like, well... you, would ever want to contact me." He gestured to himself.

"Because you can talk to ghosts, and I thought maybe you could help me."

"Of course you want something, doesn't everyone?" He said as he lay back on his bed, staring up at the ceiling.

Bea moved closer to him, "I can offer you something in return."

Klaus propped himself up on his elbows, "and what would that be?"

"I watched your father write in his journals, and I've read all of the books he wrote about you and your siblings." She said, looking at him optimistically.

"I really couldn't care less what he wrote about me, sweetheart." He replied.

"He wrote about what powers he thought you possessed, and how you could use them." She continued.

Klaus hesitated for a moment, "Even if I helped you, how do I know what you saw will help me?"

Bea shrugged, "maybe it will, maybe it won't. I guess you'll just have to trust me."

"I've known you for five minutes, I don't even trust my own family." Klaus admitted.

"Please." Beatrice asked quietly, but there was something else in her voice, something Klaus was familiar with, desperation.

He couldn't exactly not help her, he knew what it was like to be trapped somewhere with no way out, thanks to his Father, Reginald Hargreeves. He'd regularly lock him away in the dark to make him overcome his fear, but it didn't work.

"Fine, I'll help you. What exactly is it that you want? You want to be able to leave this house?" He asked, sitting up properly again. They were closer now, and Klaus felt an unfamiliar feeling in his chest.

"Something like that," She answered with a smile, "I'll explain later, there's something I need to do first."

Most ghosts that Klaus had experienced would usually disappear right in front of him when they wanted to leave, but not Beatrice. She stood up and left his room, walking straight through the locked door as Klaus stared after her, unsure of what he'd gotten himself into.

Klaus wanted to fall asleep and forget all of his worries, and he was about to until someone pounded on his door.

"Klaus! Are you awake?" It was Five.

"No. Go away." He mumbled as he buried his bed into his pillow.

"I heard you. I need to speak to you."

"Go and bother someone else, old man." Klaus could get away with that nick name, partly because it was true. His brother had time travelled to the future, and when he finally made it back he was a 58 year old trapped in his teenage body. Even when they travelled back in time to stop the apocalypse, his body and mind stayed the name.

He could tell his brother was debating whether to keep nagging him until Klaus came out of his room, luckily he heard Five huff and walk away.

Klaus closed his eyes, he didn't know how long his new ghost friend would be, so he decided to sleep to pass the time. He wasn't exactly sure how he was going to help Bea to leave the academy but he'd try, being trapped here must've been hell he thought as he curled up and fell asleep.

i'm so sorry about the late updates! i am so uninspired rn so pls be patient with me, i'll try and get a new chapter written soon. xo