𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

After finally confessing their feelings for each other, Klaus and Beatrice seemed to be living blissfully

After finally confessing their feelings for each other, Klaus and Beatrice seemed to be living blissfully. Even the other Hargreeves were shocked, but deep down they were relieved that their brother seemed to have finally found someone to be his anchor.

Klaus took Beatrice to all of his favourite spots in the city, they had romantic picnics, meals, went to all of Vanya's shows together and even went back to the quaint, empty motel where they began to realise their feelings for each other.

Of course, being a Hargreeves life was never going to be simple all the time for Klaus and deep down he was never really ok. Beatrice made him happy but she could never fully heal him or even stop the voices in his head - this was something only he could do.

One night he crept out of the academy and found himself wandering the dark, city streets. It was a particularly bad night, the voices were louder than usual and Klaus was looking for something to drown them out.

His usual dealers were pretty elusive and hard to get in touch with last minute, fortunately Klaus wasn't picky. Downtown there were tons of guys hanging around street corners preying on guys just like Klaus. Luckily, before he could even cross the street towards them a car pulled up in front of him, "get in the car, Klaus."

Diego opened the passenger door for him, his glare focused on Klaus.

"You can't make me, Diego." Klaus crossed his arms.

His brother raised his eyebrows, glancing at the collection of knives on his dashboard, "can't I?"

Klaus sighed, getting into his brothers car.

"How'd you find me?"

"You weren't exactly quiet when you were leaving. Besides... I was awake anyway." Diego shrugged, not elaborating,

Klaus slumped down in the passenger seat, Diego started driving home, glancing at his brother occasionally.

"What was it this time?" Diego asked, knowing there was always something that would've made him relapse. He'd been trying to keep an eye on him since they reunited but even Diego had his own problems to deal with.

"The voices... they're louder than usual. I think something or someone has upset them." Klaus said.

Diego parked in front of the academy, "you can always talk to me, Klaus, whenever it gets too much... we can work this out together."

"Thanks, Diego... I'm just glad it was you and not Luther." Klaus chuckled to himself whilst Diego suppressed a laugh.

"How about we do something tomorrow... you, me and Bea?" He suggested.

"Beatrice..." Klaus smiled to himself, even hearing her name made him happy, "sure."

Klaus got out of Diego's car and headed into the academy. For a moment he stared at the bar, until Diego came inside and guided him upstairs.

The rest of the night was a blur, Diego managed to get Klaus to his bed, and he sat in one of the chairs in his room waiting for him to fall asleep. He had a soft spot for Klaus in particular, he always seemed to get the worst end of everything.

Early the next morning, Diego and Beatrice woke Klaus up, and soon they were all in Diego's car driving out of the city. Diego had told Beatrice about the night before and asked her to try and cheer him up, although he seemed pretty distant.

Sat in the back seat, Bea placed her hand over Klaus's. He glanced over at her and gave her a weak smile, he could see the worry etched on her face and it pained him. He'd tried to fix himself and yet one small thing could trigger him, he vowed from this moment to open up more so he didn't do anything stupid.

Diego stopped at a bar on the outskirts of the city, Klaus remembered it from their teenage years when they'd come to hit up girls and guys, a small smirk flickered across his lips.

Once they were inside Diego ordered a few drinks and Klaus sauntered over to the pool tables, "think you could beat me, Beatrice?"

Bea smiled, "I'll give it a good go."

Making his way back over, Diego placed the drinks down and picked up a cue stick, "I think both of us can definitely take him."

Klaus pouted, "two against one... how unfair," he paused for a moment then smirked, "say, Ben what do you say about beating these two?"

Ben appeared besides Klaus, his arms crossed, "fine."

Later on in the day, once Diego and Bea had beaten Klaus and Ben in a game of pool they headed outside of some fresh air. Not noticing the Handler leaning against the bonnet of Diego's car.

"Well if it isn't the Hargreeves causing trouble yet again." The Handler grimaced, her outfit was outrageous as usual paired with striking high heels.

"We haven't done anything bad lately," Diego frowned, he had a strong dislike for the Handler, "right, Klaus?"

The Handler let out a sharp cackle, "Klaus is the reason I'm here... and his little experiment." She glanced towards Beatrice who was confused.

"Experiment?" Klaus and Beatrice repeated at the same time.

"You know what you've done, Klaus. Bringing someone back to life... surely you didn't think you'd get away with it? Cracks have been forming in the timeline ever since you did it and I simply can't allow it to keep happening. Five must have warned you this would happen?" The Handler raised one of her perfectly arched eyebrows sending a chill down Bea's spine.

"I mean... he did say something..." Klaus shrugged, Diego turned to face him.

"You didn't feel like sharing this little tidbit of information?" Diego growled.

"As much as I would love to see you boys fight, the longer I wait the worse it gets. The only way to rectify this situation is to return Beatrice back to a ghost, and I can't promise she'll be visible to you once I'm done." The Handler stated, stepping forward.

Klaus shook his head, stepping in front of Beatrice, "no, if you touch a single hair on her body I won't hesitate to retaliate."

She laughed, her red lipstick stained lips curling into a smile, "oh sweet Klaus, you really think you can stop me? Your little Beatrice here is a ticking time bomb."

Diego stood besides his brother, protecting Beatrice, "there must be something else we can do. There's always another option."

Shaking her head, the Handler sighed, "not this time, poor Diego." She said, snapping her fingers and opening the suitcase she was carrying, disappearing from in front of them.

As soon as she was gone they turned to look at Beatrice, who was staring at the two of them, confused... and then they realised what the Handler had done when she snapped her fingers.

one chapter left...