𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

"Rise and shine!" Bea sang chirpily as she stepped into Klaus's room at 5am

Klaus rolled over, mumbling "what time is it?"

"5 o'clock!" She exclaimed, standing at the end of his bed, waiting for him to wake up.

"Beatrice," He groaned, "it's so early."

"It's important." She claimed, crossing her arms.

Opening his eyes slightly, he grimaced, if he didn't have a soft spot for her he would've told her to go away, but he couldn't.

"Okay... okay, let me get ready and I'll meet you downstairs." He sighed.

10 minutes later Klaus was padding downstairs in leather pants and a thin, black shirt. Bea stared at him for longer than she should've before looking away and clearing her throat, "are you ready?

"Can we have coffee before we go?"

"No!" She exclaimed, "we have to hurry."

"But why?" He flailed his arms around, pouting.

"You'll see." She grinned, grabbing his hand and dragging him behind her out of the academy.

The sky was still dark but an orange tint began to appear in the distance.

"Hurry!" She said as they power walked through the streets of the city, Bea stopped in front of an old, abandoned building. The door creaked open and she took the stairs two at a time, Klaus following behind.

Another door led out onto the rooftop of the building, at first Klaus was confused until Bea's face lit up with joy.

He looked around, the rooftop overlooked the Bay Area of the city, the sun had slowly began to rise, reflecting on the water.

"How'd you know about this place?" Klaus asked as he stepped towards the edge of the roof where Bea was standing, she was staring at the view in awe.

"Well... before I, you know, died... my family used to live in this building and we'd come up here every morning and watch the sun rise before we started our day..." she sighed, "I've seen this building a few times since being alive again and it must have fell into disrepair."

Klaus stepped closer to her, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." she looked over at him as he stared at her with his mesmerising green eyes.

"I never thought I'd say this... but I'm glad you woke me up early so I could see this." He said softly.

"Me too." She smiled, although there was a hint of sadness in her eyes, she'd missed the view... but most of all she missed her family.

Klaus hesitated for a moment before wrapping an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him as she rested her head on his shoulder. They stood together in silence, soaking in the start of the day together.

When they finally broke apart, Bea was blushing slightly.

"So, this can't be the only reason you woke me so early... what's the lesson for today Miss Rye?" He smirked.

"Well... I thought I would see what you wanted to do," She replied, "we know that your powers include levitating, possession, communicating with the dead, telekinesis... did you want to try conjuring the dead?"

Klaus shook his head immediately, "no... not today. I don't want to open that Pandora's box today.

Bea nodded, "okay."

"What if we blow the whole learning thing off today and just have fun?" He asked.

"I'd like that." Bea smiled.

For the rest of the day, the pair wondered around the city, eating and drinking in small cafes they found down side streets, watching street artists perform. Klaus did feel slightly bad for blowing off their lesson so instead he incorporated some of his other powers into the day.

When they were sat in a small cafe at the pier, he moved other people's coffees or plates to mess with them, making Bea laugh was the highlight of his day.

Later on in the day they walked back to the academy side by side, their fingers brushing against each other but never interlinked.

Bea stopped in her tracks when she saw a woman standing outside of the academy holding a bouquet of flowers, "Mom." The word came out so quietly, but Klaus heard it.

The woman had vibrant red hair like Beatrice, she placed the flowers she was holding outside of the academy. Bea realised it was the eight anniversary of her death.

Klaus knew her Mom couldn't see her alive again, it would cause too many questions, but he also couldn't pull her away either.

Luckily her Mom turned around and walked the other way.

Bea watched as she walked away, tears filling her eyes, once she'd turned the corner ahead of them she ran to the flowers noticing a card attached to them.

'My sweet Bea,
We miss you so much, every day.
I hope someone is looking after
you in the afterlife.
Love,
Mom and Dad.'

Klaus realised why today was so important to her to watch the sun rise at her old building this morning, he didn't want anything more but to wrap his arms around her and comfort her but Bea had already ran into the academy.

Alison poked her head outside of the academy, looking for Klaus, when she spotted him she held her arms out for him.

He climbed the stairs to the academy and hugged her, "wanna talk about it?" She asked softly.

"Only if we can drink first." Klaus said.

Alison sighed, knowing she'd have to keep an eye on him if he started drinking again, "one drink." She watched him suspiciously.

"Fine." He exclaimed, following her into the academy and sitting at the bar in the family room.

it's the slow burn for me