𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵.

"So where to Princess? Rome? Paris?" Klaus strutted down the sidewalk, his long black coat trailing behind him like a cloak

"How about going to a coffee shop?" Bea said quietly, suddenly feeling shy and nervous now that she was out in the big world.

"Coffee?" Klaus laughed, then twirled around, walking backwards to watch Beatrice who was a few steps behind him, "okay, coffee it is." He grinned.

Klaus eyed the outfit Bea had been wearing since he'd met her, "we need to make a quick stop on the way." He said, turning around and walking with purpose.

After a few blocks he stopped outside of a small, dark shop, windows. Mannequins in fur coats and leather pants on display behind the glass.

As they entered Bea spotted a tall boy behind the counter, he was pale with dark curls, similar to Klaus.

"Klaus." Otis nodded as he spotted him.

"Hey, Otis, add it to my tab."

"That tab you've never paid me for???" Otis rolled his eyes, writing something down on a notepad in front of him.

Klaus winked at Bea, before running his hands over a rail of faux fur coats, "pick whatever you want. It's yours."

Bea looked around in awe, so this is where Klaus buys all of his obscure clothes, she thought.

In front of her, Klaus was trying on bright neon feather boas. Beatrice picked up a few cute items and went to the back of the store to try them on.

When she stepped out of the small changing room Klaus's jaw dropped, even Otis looked up from his phone.

She'd picked out a black, lace dress, knee-length socks paired with ankle boots and a leather jacket.

"Where have you been all my life?" Otis gawped at her.

Klaus glared at him, resulting in Otis quickly looking away.

He looked back at her, smiling in approval, he didn't have to say anything, the flint in his eyes was enough.

He picked up something from the counter he'd found, walking over to her, "here, this'll complete  the look." He said smoothly as he revealed a silver necklace with her first initial on, and helped her put it on.

"She's going to wear this out, Otis... and I'm taking this." Klaus said as he waved his new feather boa in the air as he left the shop.

Beatrice wondered how he got away with everything he did.

"Now, how about that coffee?" Klaus asked as they walked another block past tall buildings and restaurants.

"Sounds good." She smiled, as they walked she noticed he had slowed his pace slightly so they were close to walking side-by-side... but not quite.

The coffee shop Klaus chose was small and cosy, with leather booths, they sat at a table at the back of the restaurant.

"You can have anything you want, it's on me." Klaus smirked, handing her a menu full of an array of hot drinks and sweet snacks.

"Oh, do you have a tab here too?" She asked, eyebrows raised.

"Funny." Klaus said sarcastically.

Bea scanned the list of drinks, finally deciding on a hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin.

"Really?" Klaus asked, "your first meal in years and that's what you want? Aren't you starving?"

Surprisingly, she wasn't.

"Not really... and besides, that was my go-to when I used to go to coffee shops with my mom." She said quietly.

"Oh..." Klaus said softly, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry," Bea replied, she straightened up, "so, what are you having?"

"The usual, coffee, black." He grinned, getting up to go and order.

She watched as he walked away, everything felt so different now that she wasn't stuck inside the academy.

When Klaus returned he was carrying a tray of steaming drinks and one muffin.

"Here you go, one hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin." Klaus grinned.

"Thank you." Bea smiled, taking a small sip and savouring the flavour, Klaus couldn't help but watch her in awe.

"So... what are your plans now you're, well, alive?" Klaus asked after a while of silence.

"I- I don't know. I've never really thought about it, I always thought I'd be stuck in the academy." Bea replied.

"Isn't there something you wanted to do when you were alive?"

"Sure, I wanted to go to college, graduate, get a job... but I can't do any of that now because I am legally dead." She sighed.

"Surely there are other things you wanted to do? Those are so... mundane." Klaus stifled a laugh.

"Not really, I didn't really have time to think of anything else other than studies, that was my life plan."

"That's sad," Klaus paused for a moment, "but don't worry, if you decide to stick around... the Hargreeve's always find a way to make life interesting," His eyes sparkled mischievously, "so what do you say?"

"I say I'm in no rush to go anywhere else." Bea grinned.

Bea would soon find out just how interesting life with the Hargreeve's would be.

klaus and bea are so cute it would a shame if something happened to them ... just kidding ... unless ??? ;)