Chapter 11

They were back at the cabin while Derek was sleeping on the back porch in the sun, Scott and Stiles were inside talking about the wolf. "I seriously don't think he's a wolf sometimes," Stiles told his best friend looking out the back door. The sun was shining on the wolf just right that Stiles could see the strange making in the fur on his chest. Stiles still couldn't make out what the shape was.

"What do you mean by that? He seems completely wolfy to me." Scott asked, sipping his cup of coffee. "Like you think he's a part domestic dog or something? He does look a little bit like a King Shepard, but just in the face a little."

"I mean in the way he acts. He knows when he's being spoken to and about, he tries to answer me. Sometimes, as crazy as it sounds, I think someone is looking back at me; like a human. When I look into his eyes, I feel someone there. When I found him the other night, his eyes weren't green Scott; they were an electric blue. At first, I thought that maybe it was the way the flashlight hit his eyes, but last night there was a raccoon on the roo, and it woke him up, he started growling, and I swore I saw those eyes again." Stiles watched as the wolf shifted to lay on his back with his paws in the air. He still couldn't figure out what those markings could be.

"I think you're just getting into the ideas of your book a little too much Sti. There is no way that werewolves are real. I seriously think that someone would have figured it out by now." Scott lightly chuckled watching Stiles as he stared down the wolf. He could admit, there was something different about this wolf. Even more diverse than the ones at the sanctuary that they visited. Stiles has this thing with wolves, they like him, and sometimes it worries Scott.

"Look at his chest, the light brown fur that mixes with the black, I swear it's some symbol. I can't figure out what it is." Stiles growled slightly at how annoyed he felt right now. "I'm not saying that werewolves are real Scott. But, you should see him watch me write, every time I write something, like how I described the way Tyler looks when he first shifted, Beta growled at me five times before I came to what I have now. It was like he wasn't happy with the way I was describing it." Any time something sounded well, almost too fake in a sense, the wolf would growl at Stiles until it seemed like it made sense.

"Animals can't read Stiles, well at least wolves can't. I think you need a vacation from your vacation Stiles." Scott sighed, grabbing his best friends arm with a worried look on his face. "Why don't you go take a nap? You said you were up writing pretty late, if something weird happens I'll let you know."

"Like what?"

"I don't know as in he turns into a human or something." Scott scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"You do realize that he's going to follow me upstairs, right? He doesn't like to leave my side like he's constantly protecting me." Stiles stood to his feet, and so did the wolf. As Stiles started for the stairs, Derek followed him stopping whenever Stiles did and walking when he did. Stiles gave a 'do you get it now' look to Scott who nodded his head.

Derek looked at the two of them and grew worried. I think they might have figured me out. He thought to himself.

What lead you to think that?

I didn't ask you.

Sucks don't it?