Chapter 23

"Scott, you need to come over right now," Stiles said as soon as his best friend picked up the phone.

"I'm on my way," Scott sighed.

"Wait, really? Normally I have to explain everything to you." Stiles was shocked; this never happened.

"I'll explain when I get there. Don't overthink, okay?" Scott said before ending the call.

Don't overthink? How could Stiles not overthink? His wolf, who he thought was a mostly normal wolf, just shifted before his very own eyes into a human! A very good looking human, but a human! Werewolves are real, and Stiles book is genuine. Well mostly, who is he kidding? The book was about his and Scott's adventures when they were in high school, but Scott is just a werewolf in it, and he doesn't use their names. Stiles book was authentic.

There wasn't even a knock on the door, Scott just appeared in Stiles room in the time that Stiles was lost in his head. "So, how are you doing?" Scott asked, taking a seat on Stiles bed.

"What do you know?" Stiles asked bluntly. It was evident that Scott knew something that Stiles didn't, and he didn't like it. There have already been too many secrets, and there still are.

"What do you know?" Scott countered, he wanted to know what Derek told Stiles before going too far with it.

"I know that my pet wolf is a human, wait, correction, he's a freaking werewolf! That's about it. He refused to tell me anything else. Said that I have to know everything before he'll explain what happened. He said that I have to feel ready." Stiles grumbled playing with the wolf toy that he had gotten the wolf. Now he understands why he picked it. Maybe he was trying to tell Stiles all along, there were so many signs, and he didn't see them.

"Well, are you ready?" Scott stood, giving his best friend a sad smile.

"I don't know; I want to believe that I am because I want to know more about me. I feel like I don't know who I am and it's all because of this stupid mark on my back. When he touched it, some of his memories were forced into my head, some of my ones that I hadn't thought about in a long time came back to me. I don't know Scott." Stiles felt tears welling in his eyes; those memories hurt so much; he never wanted to think about them again. He hadn't realized how much he had pushed into the back of his mind trying to feel normal.

"Well, I guess it's my turn. I told Derek I would help him; here goes nothing." Scott sighed. Stiles gave him a confused look before watching Scott change before his eyes. His eyes turned gold, and his nails turned into claws, hair grew on his face, his ears changed shape and covered in fur. Stiles stared at his best friend in shock.

"You too? Who next? My parents? The whole town?" Stiles threw his arms into the air feeling even more lost. He's starting to wonder how he hadn't figured it out before now. There were so many things about Scott that changed in high school; how did he not catch onto it before now?

"No, but close enough. Your parents do know." Scott shifted back to being an average human. "Look, give it a little time, right now Derek well he shouldn't be alone, but he needs to be. You need to talk to your parents. Derek and I will be at the Hale place when you're ready." Scott explained, resting a hand on his best friends shoulder. Stiles flinched slightly; he didn't know why it just felt like instinct. Stiles wasn't scared of Scott, at least didn't think that he was. Scott is his best friend, his brother; Stiles knows that he would never hurt him. But with watching what he thought was a somewhat normal wolf turn into a human and his best friend turn into well half wolf half human, Stiles doesn't know what's going on in his head at this point.

"You don't have to worry about anyone hurting you. You've got the strongest pack in the state looking after you." Scott left the room with that.

"But, one of them did already hurt me," Stiles whispered to himself. He might have only been an infant, but he remembers the attack. It still haunts him.