Chapter 33

Derek growled when a strange scent entered his nose in the middle of the night. He swiftly shifted under the blankets standing over Stiles. "Stiles," Derek said through the pack link.

"Der-"

"Shh, don't speak. The other pack is here. I need you to text Laura and tell her to get everyone over here now. I'm going to go wake your parents. Do not make it look like you're awake." Derek hushed Stiles slowly moving off of the bed nosing the door open.

"Derek." The wolf turned seeing his mates head sticking out from under the blankets. "How are you going to communicate with my parents when you're a wolf?" Stiles asked.

"They're pack; seeing as they're your family, they can hear me just like you can." Stiles only nodded to Derek's answer. Derek carefully made his way across the hallway to Stiles parents room pushing the door mostly closed when he entered.

"Sheriff," Derek nosed at the Sheriff's hand carefully awakening the older man. "Don't say anything, it's Derek. The pack that was causing trouble in town is outside of the house, I think they're here to hurt Stiles and maybe you as well. My family is on their way, do not move or make a sound unless you have too. I'm not going to let anything happen you any of you." Derek made eye contact with the Sheriff who slowly moved to pull a rifle out from under his bed. Derek huffed knowing the Sheriff would be okay if something happened. His main concern was Stiles.

Derek moved swiftly back to Stiles bedroom finding his mate still under the covers looking at his dimly lit phone. "Anything?" Derek asked sliding under the blanket.

"No. I texted everyone and they haven't replied. Scott should have answered me, he isn't a heavy sleeper. Derek what if something happened to them?" Stiles rolled over, running a hand through Derek's fur.

"I'm sure they're fine Stiles. I guess I'm going to have to do what I didn't want too." Derek sighed pressing his nose into Stiles' hand.

"What's that?" Stiles asked slowly moving his hand around Derek muzzle.

"I'm going to howl. If they don't answer, we'll know for sure. I just didn't want the other pack to be alerted. We don't have a choice. I won't let anything happen to you or your family." Derek moved out from under the blanket going to the window. Stiles moved slowly after him to open the window, looking out he could see glowing eyes standing at the forest edge, he knew they weren't his pack.

"Do it, Derek." Stiles glared at the wolves below wishing he could do something to help.

Derek jumped onto the roof outside of Stiles window, he looked around seeing that there was no getting the Stilinski's away from the house without help, they were severely outnumbered. He growled catching the pair of red eyes standing to the back of the pack hiding in the trees. Derek threw his head back letting out possibly the loudest howl he'd ever made. No one was going to hurt the people he cares about and no one sure as hell wasn't going to hurt his mate.