Chapter Four: The Ghost of You "If I Died, We'd Be Together"

CHAPTER FOUR

Show Pony, after taking the teens on a tour of the courtyard, brought them into the mansion.

"Wow it's so big in here." Jenny gasped. Show Pony laughed and started to show them around.

"This is the piano room." He said pointing towards the very old piano. It was covered in dust and cobwebs but that didn't take away from its beauty. "This is where Gerard spent most of his time. He actually wrote The Black Parade in this very room." Their guide informed them.

"He did?" Raymond piped up.

"Yup." Show Pony popped the P.

"Can I please play the piano?" Helena asked excitedly.

"Sure!" he exclaimed.

"Can you take us on the rest of the tour, Pony?" Jenny eagerly asked.

Show Pony nodded and left the room with the teens following close behind him. Helena dusted off the old piano's seat and sat down. She began to play the beginning of The Black Parade, closing her eyes in deep emotion and swore that she could hear Gerard Way's sweet voice welcoming her to the parade of the doomed through the opening lyrics....

Wait-- she could.

Helena looked up from the keys and on top of the piano sat Gerard Way in his Black Parade outfit. She rubbed her eyes to see if she was dreaming but of course she wasn't. When she looked again Gerard was no longer on the piano. She felt a tap on her shoulder and whipped around to see Gerard smiling at her.

"W-what's going on? I must be dreaming." She breathlessly said rubbing her eyes again.

"You're not dreaming: I'm really here." he said smiling.

"But you're dead..." She told him.

"Good job pointing out the obvious." He rolled his eyes but the smile was still plastered on his face.

Helena slowly stuck her hand out and tried to touch Gerard's shoulder but her hand went right through his body. "What's going on?" she thought out loud.

"Well if you haven't already noticed I'm a ghost. And I don't want to be any more to be honest; it's boring not being noticed by anyone and just floating around. And it's weird because you're the first person to notice me...maybe you have supernatural abilities." He said excitedly.

"I don't think so." She told him.

"How do you know?" He asked her sassily. 

"Good point " she replied, sighing.  

"What's your name? I hope it's as pretty as your face." He flirted. 

"Are you flirting with me?" She asked timidly, crossing her arms.  

"Maybe, maybe not." He said with a wink.

Oh God a ghost is flirting with me. She thought. 

"What's your name?" He asked again. 

"Helena Layne." She told him. 

"What a pretty name." He told her. 

"Thanks." She smiled slightly. 

"Shouldn't you catch up with your group?" He asked her. 

"Oh shit I completely forgot about that." Halo said, worried. 

"Don't worry about it. But before you leave can you promise to come back? You're the first person I've talked to in years." He pleaded.  Helena turned around and smiled a smile that said 'Of course' and left to catch up with the others.

PART TWO: Sleep "Shut Your Eyes, Kiss Me Goodnight"

*Flashback*

Gerard was sitting in the piano room trying out new chords when he heard a knock at the door. 

"Come in!" He called.

 Scarlet came into the room wearing a short.... very short...frosty blue dress. Gerard almost fell off the chair at the sight of her. 

"Um, c-can I help you?" He asked her.  

"Of course you can. " she said smiling seductively. 

She slowly walked over to Gerard and pulled his tie to make him stand. He began to laugh nervously and run his hand through his white hair.  

"What's wrong?" She asked biting her lip, making him blush madly.

 "C-can you please let go of me?" He stammered. 

Scarlet didn't say anything; she pulled on his tie so that their faces were inches apart.  The wavy haired blond then crashed her lips against his and pushed him up against the edge of his piano in the process. Just as Gerard's muscles loosened and heart stopped racing like a cheetah, Mikey walked into the room carrying two cups of coffee. As soon as he saw the two he dropped both Styrofoam cups causing all of the coffee to flood out of it.

Scarlet instantly got off of Gerard and said,   "Mikey it isn't what you think."

The younger brother didn't say anything; he just ran out of the room sobbing confusedly. Gerard ran after him and as soon as he heard the slam of the bathroom door he knew something bad was going to happen.  Mikey took out the knife and was about to cut his wrist when Gerard broke into the bathroom. 

"What the hell are you doing Mikey? " Gerard asked though as soon as he saw the knife he knew what was going on.  "Let me see your arms." He demanded. 

Mikey hid his arms behind his back and Gerard took a deep breath to calm down.  

"Mikey please don't tell me you cut yourself." He breathed.   Mikey didn't say anything, bursting into tears and burying his head into his hands as he leaned against the bathroom wall.

Gerard put his arms around Mikey, stifling his own tears, and whispered, "Hey it's ok." over and over until Mikey stopped crying.

Within an hour, they had both dried their tears, and the two brothers, leaving unsaid what should be unsaid, unclasped their arms, ready to face the world again.