Temptation

12

Jasmine was a little drunk. No...she was more than a little drunk. She was practically swaying, getting swallowed up by the crowd and not even caring where she went or who groped her on the dance floor. This was awesome. Mindless and unnecessary but still, absolutely awesome. Why had she never set foot inside a club before? And why had she never had a drink before? Alcohol wasn't at all bad like she had believed. In fact, it made her feel better than she had in a long time. Also, it made her horny.

Too bad the thing with Armaan had gone to hell. She could have used him right now even though he was an obnoxious ass. She would have let him do a lot of things to her actually. Forget feeling powerful. The four shots she'd had had already rendered her pretty much helpless.

So this was how the other half lived. The not so righteous and rigid. What fun.

"Jasmine!" someone shouted in her ear, annoying the hell out of her.

"What?" She whirled around and bumped into a hard chest. Firm hands gripped her bare shoulders and steadied her as she stumbled. "Armaan?" She peered up at him, wondering what he was doing here.

"Come on. I'm taking you home," he snapped at her, tugging on her hand and not even waiting for her to reply as he led them through the mass of people dancing around them.

"To have your wicked way with me?" she asked him gleefully.

Armaan paused for a moment, studying her with a scowl on his face. "My God," he said loudly, staring at her. "You're drunk."

She grinned at him, feeling very proud of herself in that moment. "I had four shots," she informed him cheerfully and held up two fingers. He shook his head in amazement and then continued to lead her away. Jasmine halted after a few seconds and pulled on his hand so that he would give her his full attention.

"I don't want to go!" she yelled at him.

"We have to. Alex will be here soon and I can't be seen with you!" he yelled back.

With a growl, Jasmine snatched her hand out of his grasp and stalked off again. Armaan let out a growl of his own and hurried after her before grabbing her around the waist and lifting her up against him. Jasmine let out a tiny gasp, regarding him with wide eyes as he carried her out like that, both of them facing each other. His eyes were on his path but hers were on his angry and determined face, her arms around his neck and legs wrapped snugly around his hips. It was an interesting position. They reached the parking lot whereupon he proceeded to dump her in his car before getting in himself and starting the engine.

"To the stars," she said promptly, blinking at him expectantly.

She saw his lips twitch at her words and reached out with a hand to stop him from driving off right away.

~~~~

"I'm glad you came to me," Armaan murmured, feeling protective all of a sudden.

He hated to think what would have happened if she had remained inside with no one to take care of her. Fear actually gripped him at the thought and he caressed her face tenderly. Allah was watching over her. Who knew what kind of morons were present in that crowd and what they would have done to her once they realized she was intoxicated?

Her smile was positively wicked. "So am I," she said in a husky tone and moved to straddle him, draping her arms around his shoulders.

"Jas-"

"Ssshh." She placed a finger on his lips to quieten him. "I like you better when you don't speak," she whispered and then she removed her finger and replaced it with her mouth.