And So It Begins

(Coinciding with the events of 'Three's A Crowd')
~~~

21

Almost six months into marriage.
....

Jasmine

I was in the library, deep in the middle of a story, my fingers flowing over the keyboard as words poured out of me, looking for a home within pages. This was what I lived for. This was my escape, my only comfort so it was natural that I felt irritated when the door opened without warning and my husband walked in unannounced.

"Hey. I mentioned that I'm having some friends over for dinner, right?" he spoke loudly and I frowned at the laptop screen.

"Yeah. I think so," was my reply, my mind caught between giving attention to the story and him. I didn't like the intrusion.

Armaan let out a sigh. "It'd be nice if you could join us, honey."

I gave him a long-suffering look, liking that idea even less. "Do I have to? They're your friends."

He looked at me quietly for a moment, his blue eyes not sparkling as usual. "Please...for once can you at least pretend to be happy about the fact that you're married to me?" he hissed and I blinked at him in surprise.

Where had that come from? Armaan never spoke to me that way. I hadn't realised my refusal to join him would upset him so much so I got up to walk over to him and kiss him out of his sulky mood.

"Baby, don't say that. I'm sorry. The story just got so interesting and.." I trailed off when he didn't smile at me. "Of course I'll join you. Don't be upset."

I draped my arms around his neck, feeling bad for him because I hated seeing him unhappy, especially when I was the reason. The things he needed from me were things I didn't feel ready to give him even after all these months.

"You look hot, by the way," I told him, eyeing his jersey and how handsome he appeared, all dressed up for dinner. He smelled amazing too. "I am so going to ravish you tonight. Over and over and over-"

His lips twitched as I continued my flirting and he finally bestowed one of his beautiful smiles on me and nuzzled my nose with his.

"I can't wait," he whispered lovingly, giving me a kiss. Our tongues curled around each other and I moaned softly. He wore the previously elusive tongue piercing every day now and I loved the bad boy charm it added to his newly found life of respectability.

Armaan let out a groan and pulled away from me reluctantly. "They'll be here soon. It's the first time they're coming over. And the girlfriend is a fan of yours so be nice."

I frowned at him, pretending to be offended. "I can be nice, come on. Give me a little credit here. Who's coming to dinner again?" I asked, even though I knew he must have mentioned it to me at some point but I probably hadn't paid attention.

Armaan rolled his eyes at the question which confirmed my theory. "Cole and his two partners, Skye and Jasper. I'm going to go check on dinner. Love you, baby."

He left me alone then and I looked longingly at my laptop, wishing I could get back to my writing instead of playing the hostess. That was Armaan's field of expertise. But I made myself go upstairs and change because I didn't want to let him down yet again.

****