chapter 2

I ripped the note up and threw it out the side window, I was so angry I couldn't even talk. Ryan opened the door and saw the fear and anger in my eyes.

"It's him again, isn't it?" It wasn't really even a question, he already knew the answer.

I sighed and just looked up at him and nodded, "It hurts to think about him."

Ryan frowned, "I understand. Well, at least he didn't do anything else."

Yet, I thought. But Ryan didn't know about the note that he had just left me. I was hoping Ryan wouldn't ever find out about that one. He would worry way too much.

He finally got the car to work, and he took me out to the place where we had our first kiss. I smiled as we sat down on the same bench where it had happened; it had been six months since we had sat on this bench. He just looked at me and leaned in. His lips touched mine and suddenly it felt like everything was just perfect. It was hard to be worried about Alex with Ryan clouding my vision.

The wind was blowing against the trees very slowly, it was peaceful. It smelled like rain and wet grass. I looked up and saw the dark clouds devouring the sun, making it a bit cooler outside. I shivered and Ryan held me closer, tracing his finger up and down my arm. Ryan and I sat there for a while, in pure silence. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a hooded figure through the trees. I gasped and sat up straighter and Ryan looked over at me worried.

I turned towards Ryan and said, "It's fine. I just thought I saw someone."

He nodded and I turned back towards where the figure was, and no one was there. I was just letting my imagination get to me. Why would Alex actually be here? He just wanted to torment me through notes and messages. He would have come a lot sooner if he actually wanted me to come back to him.

I didn't mention the note at all that day. He knew something was wrong, but I didn't want to worry him. I was going to have to leave him if Alex actually showed up, but it was only because I cared for him. Alex stops at nothing to get what he wants. I don't want Ryan tangled in his web with me. I didn't want him to get hurt. I sighed and turned over on my back, Ryan was in the shower and the sound of water running is what put me to sleep.

I picked up my phone and looked at the time, it was eleven already. I usually never slept in that late.

"Wow, I slept in today," I said trying to get myself out of bed.

"Yeah, you were sleeping really peacefully so I decided to--" Ryan started, he was interrupted by the doorbell and loud banging on the door.

I heard him walk over there and then open the door. Next thing I heard was the door being slammed open and Ryan yelling, "Get out of her apartment! She doesn't want you anymore!"

I heard a familiar voice say calmly, "It's not your decision, Ryan."

I shivered when I realized whose voice it was, it was Alex's. I jumped out of the bed and ran into the living room. I stopped and I had to hold onto a counter in order to not fall, and looked up at the visitor. He had black hair styled in a way where it fell over his eyes just slightly, and very familiar dark blue eyes. He was wearing the same jacket I saw on the stranger in the woods. He smirked, knowing the sight of him made me whimper. I held on to Ryan tightly, so I wouldn't faint. I was so horrified, he was back.

"I told you I would be back." He smirked, looking so proud of himself for finding me.

He eyed Ryan, "Long time no see, hoping things are going as planned."

Ryan gave him a confused look, "I don't know what you are talking about."

Alex laughed a sarcastic laugh, "Sure you don't."