Chapter 6: "Your Uniform Looks Great On You."

status: unedited

status: unedited

▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪

When I wake up the next morning, I'm lying on Five's soft as a cloud bed. The clock on the wall reads 7.00 a.m and the sky outside is gently brightening.

Slowly, I try and recall the events of yesterday.

Hmmm...

"The sky is so pretty at night!", I exclaimed as we sat together. "Not as pretty as you," Five mumbled under his breath. "Pardon?" He flushed and said "I-it's nothing."

I shivered as a gust of wind hit me. "It's quite cold out here," I said with chattering teeth. I unconsciously moved closer to Five and leaned into his body warmth. Sighing in delight, I snuggled closer into him. His body was rigid at first but after a few minutes, he relaxed and placed his arm around me. We both let out a sigh of contentment and stared at the astounding view.

I remember dozing off and a pair of strong arms picking me up gently, as though I was but a piece of fragile glass. Lifting me and carrying me down all the stairs without complaint. I flashed in and out of consciousness; waking up for a few seconds and falling into slumber again once certain I was still in the cocoon of warmth. I was laid down in the bed and covered entirely with the blanket. I remember those arms trying to leave me but I held them to me. I pulled them down to the bed with me and cuddled into the body.

Before I fell completely asleep, I recall staring into forest green eyes, so pale they look ice blue, utterly perfect in every way. I remember feeling at peace and finally falling asleep with the person beside me.

That's the last thing I remember. Racking my brain for more details, I don't notice Five stirring beside me. Suddenly, a pair of hands are covering my eyes.

"Guess who?" I chuckle and reply "Five, hopefully?" "Correct!" My vision is restored as Five moves away, shuffling towards the cupboard.

"Morning Y/N," he greets me chirpily. "Well someone's happy today," I smile. "Yep! It's your first day of training. Aren't you excited?" I deign not to reply which causes Five to come over to me and tilt my chin up to look at him.

"Hey, you nervous?" "Maybe a little," I nod shyly. "Don't be. It's your first day; enjoy it! I'll be with you every step of the way," he reassures me in his rich, mellow voice. It... soothes me and calms my nerves.

I place my forehead on his and whisper a thanks. Suddenly, Mom enters the room and the two of us spring apart. Five's face returns to its usual emotionless mask. "Y/N, honey, I brought your uniform!"

Then she hangs it on the cupboard door and struts out, unaware of the moment she had just interrupted. I stand up and caress the uniform. It looks wonderful. The plaid skirt, the crisp tie and the stylish blazer with its red outlines. The Umbrella Academy crest is placed proudly on the left side.