Chapter 9: "I Won't Be Going Easy On You."

status: unedited

status: unedited

▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪ ♡ ▪

Key
Italics = Y/N
Bold = Number Five
Both = Y/N and Number Five

I rise from bed with a sigh. I'm generally excited to face a brand new day, but today all I feel is this heaviness in my chest. Dragging myself into the bathroom, I try to make myself appear presentable.

My e/c eyes are red and swollen with tears, my h/l hair is a knotted mess and my expression is one of disgust at my reflection. I groan and rake my fingers through my hair, easing out the knots as I begin my morning routine.

Approximately 10 minutes later, I'm ready. Before I leave the room, I give Five's sleeping body one last glare.

Ugh! What right does he have to control who I speak to? I'm the one in charge of me! I hate him with every fiber of my being!

I loathe him, I despise him, I- well, that's no good. No matter what I tell myself, I can't quench my growing feelings for him. I've actually started to be attracted to Five. It sounds so weird but it's the truth.

His cute boy shorts, his dark green eyes that trap you and pull you in closer, his sarcastic remarks, his hidden soft side; oh, I could go on forever! There are so many little things about Five that make you adore him. Or maybe that's just me.

But there is no way I am forgiving Five's performance yesterday. He looked at me with such anger; I could practically feel it radiating off him. Why should he get offended if I talk to Ben? I even complimented Five. What's his problem?

I facepalm and groan audibly as I plop into place between Klaus and Ben. We made an agreement that I could sit with them as long as I spilled the beans and told them about everything that was happening with me and Five.

"What's up, Y/N? Sleep well?", Ben asks caringly. I smile devilishly at him and deadpan "Do I look like I did?" Klaus adds "Yeah, you do actually. Sis you clean up well, you have got to show me your tricks sometime." Ben rolls his eyes and the three of us get into a debate about whether Klaus should be allowed to wear eyeliner and lipstick although he's only 8.