Chapter 22: "I Think I Might Actually Love You."

status: unedited

status: unedited

{trigger warning; alcohol}

▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎ ♡ ▪︎

Five

After what feels like a blissful eternity, Y/N and I finally pull apart. I look away, completely mortified and worried she might despise me now for making such a bold move. However, I feel her cup my cheek gently and slowly turn my head to face her.

A pale pink blush coats her cheeks and her e/c eyes are sparkling with joy. Seeing her so happy makes my heart soar into the clouds, and I wish I could make her feel euphoria every day. She leans her forehead against mine and kisses me softly one more time "Even though I had to wait about 30 years for that, it was worth every damn second."  Now it's my turn to blush as I rub the back of my neck anxiously and stutter "I-I'm glad you liked it. I-I don't have much experience."

Y/N tosses her head back and laughs "Is the great Five Hargreeves actually embarrassed?" I quickly try to regain some of my dignity "No. Of course not. What gave you that idea?" She taps my nose once before strolling to the car "Don't worry, you look cute when you're nervous." I blush furiously again before hurrying to catch up with her.

As soon as we get in the car, Y/N wraps her fingers around the steering wheel and asks dramatically "So, where are we headed?" "Do you have an apartment?" She stares at me like I've made the biggest insult of the century "Of course I do!" Feeling in her pocket for the key, she suddenly looks at me shyly "I think I left my house keys at the Academy." I sigh and she immediately pipes up "We can crash at Vanya's place for the night, she won't mind."

"Yup, we can spacial jump into it really fast," I formulate a quick plan. Y/N gives me another incredulous look "No, you dummy. That would be like robbing her! I've got a spare set of keys for her flat." I snicker "You don't have your own house keys, but you have Vanya's. Typical." She rolls her eyes affectionately before revving up the engine and driving away.

The drive continues in comfortable silence in which I keep sneaking glances at Y/N. It feels as if she's the last glass of water in the desert and I'm dehydrated. When I look at her, my mind goes blank and I'm unable to think clearly. Everyone else falls away until it's only the two of us left in the room. She's absolutely gorgeous and that's not even the main reason as to why I love her: She's sassy, honest, kind and overall perfect. Sure, she has her flaws, but to me she wouldn't be Y/N without them.

Nervously, I reach my hand over and gently entwine my fingers with hers. Y/N glances at me and her cheeks colour slightly, but she remains silent and tightens her grip on my hand. The two of say nothing, lost in an elated haze of young love.