Before

November

One night can change everything.

I've heard that saying over and over again, but I never knew how much truth that statement held until that night.

It had been three months since I had seen him, since we had finished filming the movie that was bound to be groundbreaking.

We had become close. There was a bond between us that was unbreakable, and I felt like he knew me better than anyone else. I was the real me with him, but for some reason on this very day, that felt farthest from the truth.

I paced back and forth in the small hotel room I was staying in. I had been searching for apartments in Los Angeles, figuring it was a good time to consider settling in before things were about to get crazy.

He was flying in from London after spending the weekend with his friends for his birthday.

Now, it was our turn to celebrate.

Anna thought it would be a great idea to get the cast together for this event, given that it's been quite some time since we had all been together.

Seeing them wasn't quite as nerve-wracking as seeing him however.

And I had no idea why.

It's only been three months. I thought to myself. I'm sure he still remembers your name.

When that knock on the door came, I felt shivers running up and down my spine.

I couldn't believe I had agreed to let him stay with me. If I would've known I was going to get myself this worked up, I would've had him stay with Shane or someone who could keep their shit together.

I took several deep breaths to calm myself down before moving towards the door. Before I could stop myself, I pulled it open and I was met with those beautiful green eyes.

"Hero." I said with a smirk.

The corners of his mouth turned up into a smile. "Josephine."

Later that evening

We had spent the day catching up and watching movies on my laptop, something we had done quite often in between filming. It made me feel more at ease, the comfort Hero always brought me rather than anxiety.

Perhaps it was just the overwhelming excitement of seeing one of my close friends after being apart from him for so long.

Regardless of what it was, I missed him, and I was happy to have him back.

"So where exactly is Anna having this little shindig?" Hero asked just as the credits of A New Hope began rolling.

"I think it's called The Nice Guy." I shrugged, reaching over to the nightstand to check the message Anna had sent with the name of the place. "Yep. The Nice Guy."

"I just hope Anna doesn't go overboard." He said with a laugh. "I said I wanted a small get together."

I raised a brow at him. "Knowing her, it's going to be a night you'll never forget."

"I'm not sure whether to take that as a good thing or a bad thing." He countered slyly.

"Hey, look on the bright side, its Italian." I said, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Well that settles it then." Hero said before lifting himself off the bed.

My laughter filled the room as he dug around in his suitcase. "Are you sure it's okay if I stay with you? Apparently I booked my room for tomorrow instead of today, and I didn't really want to go through the hassle of-"