Italy - Day Four

(Jo)

"I still don't think it's a good idea you're going out." Maria says as Tânia finishes curling the ends of my hair.

"I have to." I tell her. "I've missed two days. I'm feeling much better anyways, and I did fine during the interview."

Today was our last day in Italy, and I couldn't help but feel bad for the fans who didn't get the chance to meet me at the previous signings and premieres. I couldn't let them down again.

I had regained some strength, and the yellow tint to my eyes almost completely faded. I needed to do this, for them.

For Anna and Hero.

For me.

We had just come back from an interview. I only missed a question or two from jumbled thoughts. But I was able to push through, and that's all that mattered.

"If it's too much, I don't want you to force yourself." Maria says wholeheartedly, and I give her a genuine smile.

"I won't." I promise.

I remove the jean ensemble I had on before Tara helps me into a beautiful white dress. It was made entirely of lace, with see-through netting that exposed my upper and lower halves, a built in nude colored body suit concealing parts exposed by the netting.

"I had the body suit added so you're not too exposed. The cameras would've seen right through that dress." Tara explains as she hands me a pair of nude pumps.

"Thank you." I tell her.

Once my shoes are strapped on, I make my way into the hallway where Anna and Hero are waiting.

Anna looked beautiful in a salmon colored wrap dress and gold trainers, her hair falling in waves over her shoulders. Hero wore a plain white t-shirt, black trousers, black converse, and a light pink jacket.

"How're you feeling?" Anna asks as she gives me a hug.

"Much better." I tell her. "Hopefully I'll make it through the rest of the day."

"I'm so proud of you." Anna tells me.

Hero takes my hand in his, our fingers lacing together. I look up at him with a warm smile, his eyes softening as he gives me one in return.

He looked exhausted, the green of his eyes a duller shade while dark circles under them showed through the makeup concealing it.

This tour has been a roller coaster for us, bringing a new obstacle to overcome every day. But I knew we were able to get through it, and we've been doing great so far.

"Only a few more stops." I tell him with a smirk, causing him to laugh.

I glance over at Anna who had a smile plastered onto her face. "Ready?"

"Ready." I nod, and we follow her and the others out of the hotel.

Maria doesn't say a word as Hero's hand continues to hold mine. I knew she wasn't coming around to the idea of us being together anytime soon, but I was more than happy to not have to listen to her demands that I not be with him.

When we get to the theater, we're escorted inside by a security guard as per usual. There are several photographers set up for our photo call, and one by one we each take turns posing for pictures.

Hero holds me tightly against him while we take pictures together, almost as if he was afraid to let go. I feel worn out, my entire body aching. I find myself wincing while I walk, my heels not aiding in the aches. I so desperately wanted to take them off and walk around barefoot for the rest of the day, not giving a shit about having to impress anyone.