New York

March

I paced back and forth in my hotel room, my heart beating rapidly and my legs completely numb.

I haven't seen him since December.

Another three months.

I haven't stopped thinking about him since then, and I don't think I will ever stop.

If someone asked, I'd never fully be able to explain what had happened that night after his birthday party. It felt so surreal, the adrenaline coursing through me and the alcohol in him completely clouding our better judgement as we reached a level in our relationship that I'd never thought we'd reach.

The funny thing was, I didn't even know if there was a relationship.

After that night, we had spent the better part of the month we were in Los Angeles to film some promo for the movie figuring out what the hell was going on between us.

Truth be told, I wasn't sure, and neither was he.

It was fun while it lasted, before reality pulled our heads out of the cloud it was caught in. But knowing that I was about to spend an entire month with him after being apart for so long again made me worry that everything was going to change once more.

Not that it already had.

We had shared something so intimate and special between us, that it could never be taken back.

The fact that this moment was shared between us, made our current situation quite hard to swallow, given that we had gone back to being complete strangers again. Aside from occasionally texting here and there, I felt like I hardly knew the man who invaded my dreams every night and my thoughts every day.

What I did know, was that we were professionals. We couldn't take the risk of letting our personal lives get in the way of this movie. Especially because we were so close to something big, throwing it all away now would ruin us forever.

"I can practically hear you overthinking." My agent says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I turn towards her and give her a slight smile. "Just nervous for the signing that's all." I tell her.

"You'll be fine. Just remember what we talked about. Do what you came here to do."

"I will, Maria." I smile at her.

There's a knock on the door, and my heart nearly slams against my chest as I think about the possibility of it being Hero, but thankfully its Anna.

"Are you excited Jo?" She cheerfully asks.

I nod as eagerly as possible before waving to the two people she brought in with her.

"Jo, this is Tara and Quinn. They're going to be your stylist and makeup artist for the tour."

"Fancy." I say with a laugh before extending my hand to each of them.

Anna sits in and makes small talk with me while I'm prepped for the signing. She tells me about the new book she's writing and how she's enjoyed the time she got to spend with her son and husband before the tour started. Then, Tara and Quinn fill us in on works that they've done in the past, and I'm quite impressed and flattered to hear that they've worked with huge celebrities and that they were overjoyed to be joining us on the tour.

After Quinn finishes with my hair and makeup, Tara helps me into a black long-sleeved dress and red heels.

"Lovely as always." Anna smiles at me.

"I could say the same about you." I gesture to her, causing her to blush.

"You're a sweetheart." She gushes.