[PFMH] Four

Aaron's P.O.V.

Challenge One- Officially ask her out.

-details in next text.

I groan whenever I read the next text.

I have to invite her to sit with me, and then ask her out... in front of all of my friends.

Great...

But since this is a game, I have to go by the rules. So game on, Jess Hardin. Game on.

When lunchtime rolls around, I find her in the crowd and wrap my arm around her waist. I grin smugly when she tenses up. So, probably to irritate me, she wraps her arm around my waist. And then digs her nails into my side.

She smiles when I flinch.

I'll smile when she's forced to agree to go out with me.

I completely over-do it. Right in the middle of a bite she takes, I grab her hand and hold it up close to my mouth.

"Hey Jess?" I whisper. I have to swallow, hard, to keep from laughing.

Everyone at the table stops talking and just stares. Her cheeks are flushed. She swallows her food and whispers back, compassion dripping from that single word. I know it's fake. But no one else does.

"Yes?"

I bite the inside of my cheek and choke back my sarcasm.

"I have something to ask you."

Most of the cafeteria has gone silent by now. Everyone wants to see my next victim fall into my trap. Of course, they'd also like to see me crash and burn, but that's not going to happen.

"What is it Aaron?"

Her eyes are daring me to make my move.

Game on.

"Will you go out with me, Jess Hardin?"

A collective gasp echos through the room, and Jess forces a giggle. I can practically see her fighting with herself to keep from punching me in the face. "Of course! I thought you'd never ask!"

And then I hug her.

We're completely overdoing it, and we both know it. But everyone's falling for the act, so why stop now?

A few girls scoff and some random guys whistle, and then the cafeteria falls back into its usual buzz. I can feel eyes watching us the whole time we eat, so we tease each other like a couple.

It's torture.

I don't even know this chick. I just know that I hate her guts, because she challenged me. And that's not how it's supposed to go.

So to get even, I plan on winning.

It's a good thing I've done this before.

It's a good thing I'm a good actor.

Game on, Jess Hardin. Game on.

Jess's P.O.V.

"Blehh!"

I raced into the bathroom as soon as lunch was over, and now I'm trying to scrub Jaxter off of me. His touch is everywhere. It burns my skin like fire. I need to get it off of me!

This dare is agonizing. Just being around Jaxter makes my skin crawl. He's such a creep, and a player, and a jerk... I can't stand him. And now, I'm supposed to date him.

Just what have I gotten myself into?

But I can't back out now. I've gotta do this right. I plan on winning.

So with a new-found confidence, I re-apply the make-up I'm not used to wearing and skip out of the bathroom, ready for my next class. Luckily, it's the only class I have without Jaxter in it. But I have to deal with Lexi and Aubrey instead.

So it's a lose-lose situation.

Although I'd much rather put up with them.

Of course, they drill me for details as soon as I step into the classroom, and, of course, I tell them every disgusting detail.

And, of course, they're giggling and excited by the end.

I wonder what Aubrey has in store for me tomorrow. She's the one who does my challenges, and Lexi does Jaxter's. I guess I got lucky because I got Aubrey. That's one thing I'm happy about.

But I'm still worried. What will they make me do? Because, clearly, just dating him won't be enough. This dare has way more to it than that.

I guess it's a good thing I'm up to the challenge.

Here goes...

- Alyssa <3