[PFMH] Five

Author's Note:

Okay, so.. I lied. This story isn't really on hold.. I just never feel like writing it! Don't hurt me:/

But hey, if you get bored, and you need something to read.. feel free to check out any of my other stories!(: Thanks for reading!

-

Jess's P.O.V.

After an agonizing night of texting Lexi and Aubrey about him, I fall asleep at midnight.

When I wake up the next morning, Aubrey has already sent me a text with my challenge for the day. I literally scream into my pillow when I read it.

Challenge Two: Ditch class with him. And don't get caught.

So, reluctantly, I dress for the cold. Faded skinny jeans that I didn't know I could "pull off," a bright cami under a white button-up, and a multi-colored scarf. Yuck. I pull on a pair of shoes that Lexi told me to wear with these jeans, snap a picture (as required. I'm really starting to hate this dare and all of its rules.), and send it to Aubrey. Before she can text back and complain about my outfit, I throw on a jean jacket and stomp out the door.

It's freezing outside. I can literally see my breath in the air. What a great day to have to ditch class with the guy I'm dating, who also happens to be the guy I hate.

Joy.

I dash to my car, start the engine, and crank up the heater. When I park at school, it takes all of my willpower to get out of my car, partly because of the cold, but mostly because of the person waiting for me.

It's Jaxter.

Surrounded by his usual gang of jocks and stupid, barbie-doll girls.

He sees me and a flicker, just a flicker, of a grimace passes over his face, and then it's replaced by joy only I can see through. He shakes off some chick with neon orange nails and bright red lipstick, and comes over to where I am.

I try not to tense up when he links his fingers through mine, but I do anyways. And he smiles even wider.

We mess around until the bell rings, and then I have to sprint to class. Stupid Aaron, making me late... Is it bad that I'd much rather stay in school all day than go anywhere with him? ...nah. Surely anyone who knew me would understand that.

First, second, and third period fly by. I'm at my locker, getting my textbook for my next class, when someone's arm slips around my waist. I suck my stomach in and twist around the best I can. It's Jaxter. He leans in and I forget how to breathe. My glare could've melted the strongest metal on earth. He pecks me on the nose, and then grabs my school bag. Aaron puts it in my locker, slams the door closed, and yanks my body closer to his. I can feel the muscles in his arm.

"Why don't we get out of here, babe?" he whispers in my ear. I shiver. His voice sends chills up my spine. And his use of the word 'babe' has me grinding my teeth. I hate that word. It's stupid, common, and meaningless. Guys call you that when they only want you for your body. I've seen too many guys call their girlfriends that, and then get what they want the next day. Naturally, they leave the girl's heart in the dust like it's nothing.

It makes me sick.

I won't be one of those girls though. I refuse. His heart'll be in the dust, when it comes to that. And I'll be just fine.

So I grin back and bite the inside of my cheek to keep from spitting at him. "I'd love to."

I force a giggle. He smirks. The glint in his eye is almost dangerous, but I don't care. Whatever he's got planned, I can handle. Because I'm Jess Hardin. And he just another player. He doesn't know me. No one does. Yet.