Home

Ella could barely keep her eyes on the road as she constantly looked at the girl lying in the backseat of her car. She watched the dark haired girl's chest rise and fall, worried the next breath would be her last. Ella was counting the minutes till she reached home. The drive that was actually only 30 minutes felt like it could have been two hours. She sighed in relief as she pulled up the long driveway and up to the gate that was in front of the large house.

***

It was casino weekend, so that meant that her parents wouldn't be home till late Sunday evening. Ella's dad was a wealthy man with a lot of wealthy friends, so it came as no surprise when her parents started their casino weekend retreat a few years ago. Since it was only Friday it meant that Ella had a few days to figure out what the hell was going on. She felt her arms weaken at the thought of trying to carry the young girl again, but she realized she had no choice. She put her arms under the girl and pulled the girl into her arms. She staggered as she tried to climb up the front steps. It was a relief to know that she only had to go down the stairs at the back of the house to reach her room.

***

She laid the unconscious girl on the king sized bed in her spacious room. Her arms welcomed the release of the young girl's weight. The mansion-like house was eerily silent. All Ella could hear was the labored breathing of the girl beside her. Ella trudged over to her bathroom and started rummaging through her medicine cabinet. All she could find is a small bottle of ibuprofen. First she took a few then she went back out into the bed room. She used a spoon to crush up the tablets then stirred them into a glass of water on her nightstand. Ella was starting to feel weary. She rubbed the girl's throat as she poured the mixture into her mouth. Hopefully it would help with the pain.

***

Finally Ella had a chance to take a breath. She collapsed into the over-sized stuffed chair in the corner of her room. She took this chance to study the girl laying on her bed. The girl was extremely pale from the loss of blood, but Ella could see that she was deeply tanned from being outside. Her long, thick, and dark curly hair fell around her shoulders. She could haven't been older than 18 or 19. "What was she doing at this concert?", Ella thought. For the first time since Ella has seen her, the girl looked almost peaceful.