Collapse

Sunlight filtered in through the accordion-style blinds that were hanging loosely on the windows. The room was bathed in warm light as the sun was rising across the horizon. Ella yawned and stretched in the blissful quiet, almost forgetting the events of the night before, then reality hit. There was a stranger in her bed, or so she thought. When Ella looked over to see if the girl was still asleep, she found that she wasn't even there. Panic surged throughout her body as she practically flew out of her bed.  She scrambled to pull on her sweatshirt as she threw open the bedroom door. She ran into the long hallway and frantically looked around. The young stranger was nowhere in sight.

*Kate*

Kate's whole body ached as she struggled to regain consciousness. Her mind was foggy while her head felt like it was spinning out of control. No matter how hard she tried to focus on her surroundings, they faded in and out of her vision. Everything was a blur as she tried to shift her arms and legs. "I must have gotten run over by a....track?...tuck?....truck." Kate puzzled internally. Words struggled to even form in her head. After what felt like an eternity, she finally gained a sliver of control over her limbs. She sat up, or at least she tried to. The pulsation of her head promptly caused her to return to a horizontal position. Kate's vision finally started to arrive in focus. She strained her neck as she tried to glance around the room. Her heart sank as fear started to well up in her stomach. Her mind started to become frantic. "Where am I? What happened? How did I get here?" She looked to her left and almost screamed as she saw a strange young woman lying next to her. She saw the girl's long pale arms stretched out. She followed the arms until she realized they were wrapped around her. She stifled another scream as panic flooded her senses. "What have I done?" was the only thing she could think. As to not stir the stranger bedside her, she slowly lifted her arms and slid off the bed. She hit the floor, not realizing how high the bed was. She felt a sharp pinch in her arm. She looked down and saw red liquid start to drip out from under blood-soaked bandages. She fell back as the room began to spin around her.

***

Kate forced herself to get a grip. She knew she needed to get out of this place, but first, she needed to clean up her arm. She couldn't remember what happened to it. And frankly, that's what scared the hell out of her.

***

Kate pulled herself up and started to crawl across the floor. Her knees stung with the friction of dragging across the floor, but her legs were too weak to stand. Blood trickled along the carpet as she dragged herself along. The light made her eyes sting harshly, so she hung her head low. The throbbing was almost too much. She threw up the contents of her stomach as she barely made it into a nearby bathroom.   Kate's consciousness slowly faded as she blacked out from the dizziness and loss of blood.