1| The Birthday

Chapter-1 :

Meera Rao :

It's my 21st birthday and my family held a small party for me, of limited people. Also, my close friends and some family friends were invited.

All were happy in celebrating my birthday, made me cut the cake, presented some valuable gifts, cheered for me, danced a little, and made my day special.

It's dinner time now. All started to scatter towards the food section.

And here is the me, trying to make myself get comfortable in the present situation. Yeah! I am happy today, but part of me is still uncomfortable.

My feet slowly started to move toward the balcony as my mind found solace in sensing the cool draft of air that touched my soul.

Eventually, my mind got composed by my every day and never-ending thoughts that were not going to leave me anytime.

Those thoughts which haunted me for years,

Which makes me restless,

Which makes me burn inside,

Which are the reasons for my depressed behavior.

When am I going to surpass them? All these thoughts and questions filled my mind.

Suddenly, I heard someone's familiar voice calling my name. It is of my best friend, Shresta.

"Meer! What are you doing here? It's your birthday today, and you are standing here alone with a glint of sadness on your face. What's wrong Meer?" My best friend questioned.

"Nothing regarding like that, Shre! I am here just to feel the pleasant air " , I replied giving a short smile.

That made her frown

"You are such a stubborn introvert. God! Despite being your best friend, I sometimes feel that you are hiding something from me. Every time I ask you about that, you just make excuses and settle it out. What's happening Meer?" She pleaded and I have no answer.

Her questions are killing me inside, urging me to share my feelings but I can't!

As usual, I started to give some irrelevant excuses.

"That's nothing Shre. Why do you always bother about that? Leave it." I smiled, touching her arm.

Ugh! Finally escaped!

"You are never going to change. Now come with me and have dinner!" She said curtly.

"Yes, of course. Come on!" I said and started to follow her.

She has been one of my best friends since college, I am lucky to have her in my life as she cares for me like her own sister, and always supports and stands by me in every situation. But you know there will be things which we can't share with our friends too. So, I never attempted to express my hidden thoughts to her. There might be a proper time and situation when I can reveal my thoughts to her.
Waiting for that day.

We completed the food, played some silly games, discussed some unneeded matters, thus had some fun with the buddies.

******

All of the guests initiated their bye-bye and stepped outside the house.

I went back to my room, got freshened up, put on my night suit, went to my bed, and opened all of the gifts I received and a smile ruled my lips.

All of a sudden, Shre's words echoed in my ears and my smile disappeared.

After all, who knows about my everyday thoughts and imagination which consists of only him.

Slowly, I managed to outgo all my thoughts and go into a deep sleep.

Author's Note:

So What are your thoughts on the first chapter guys.

Feel free to comment your views.

So what do you think about 'Him'

Who is he? How did she relate to him?

To know more, stay connected...