9| New City, New Life

Chapter-9 :

Harsha Kumar :

By all that euphoria, the time rolled down and we reached the destination.

By taking the cab, we arrived at our new home. The home looked as if it was built in an old-fashioned style, but seemed alluring, it had a large, spacious kitchen, and three bedrooms. I loved my room which looked pleasing by wall stickering with bright blue walls.

Since it was night and we were tired, we ordered some food and went to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up early and got ready quickly by wearing a formal black suit, and started to leave, but before leaving, I talked to my family.

"Mom, Dad and Urmi! I am leaving for the office and those packers called me yesterday to tell me that they have already started and will reach here by afternoon, so they will set everything in the house and you guys don't worry about anything. I will order food for you. Be safe and I will see you in the evening. Bye!" I started walking towards the door.

"Okay, Harshu. All the best for your first day in the new office!" Mom wished beaming.

"Thanks, Mom, and yeah, Urmi! Don't trouble them but be helpful to them. Okay?" I raised my voice looking at her.

"Don't try to be a caring son. I am always the best daughter and very generous. You go and concentrate on your work Harshu!" She shouted annoyingly, rolling her eyes. That made all of us laugh louder.

She is always like that, funny, active, free-spirited, and a chatterbox and I love her like that. She lifts the moods in the house, our darling princess! Yeah, little crazy but pure.

Then I left the house in a cab, ordered the food and once again called the packers to know their location.

Finally, I arrived at the office after a fifteen-minute journey. I must say the company's three-story building is engaging, not only from the outside but also from the inside, it was built in a modern style and consists of a parking lobby. Through the elevator, I reached the hallway on the ground floor. The hall is wide and ample with beautifully designed walls that look royal with a center big center-crafted wall clock. There, one of the clerks wished me and I just asked about the details of my job. He then informed me to reach the second floor which I had done immediately. There stood a person watching me and smiling.

"Hello, man! Are you the new software developer, Mr. Harsha Kumar?" He asked.

"Yes," I said and nodded.

"Nice meeting you, Mr. Harsha, I am your Project leader, Udai Srivastav. Welcome to the company." He extended his hand.

"Thanks, Mr. Udai." We both shook hands.

"Okay. Come. Let's meet our senior manager!" He took to a large cabin.

"Good Morning, sir. He is our new employee Mr. Harsha Kumar." He said and pointed at me.

"Hello Mr. Harsha, I hope you get habituated to the work fast, and all the best!" He wished with a smile.

"Good Morning sir and thank you for your wishes. I will try to cope up quicker sir!" I retorted.

"That's good. Mr Udai, show him his cabin and explain his work." Senior Manager commanded.

"Sure sir," Udai said and we left the cabin. We walked towards the elevator to reach the third floor

"So, Mr. Harsha, your cabin is here on this floor so as mine," He said.

"Fine and yeah and it's okay Mr. Udai, you can call me Harsha," I said.