Chapter 12

Savannah had named the cat as Carrie. She didn't know why she did it, but the name just sounded right to her. It was sounded almost like Carrick, her male british short-hair cat.

Carrick was the sweetest cat ever. He had been with her since two years ago. The ball of fur had already been with her in her darkest day, often attempting to reassure his owner and offered his body to be a pillow. Savannah would took the offer, sobbing into the fur.

Sure, from outside she looked like a violent, crazy, and strong woman. She didn't like showing her vurnerable side to anyone, even her own family. That was why Carrick like a best friend to her.

As of now, Savannah was rubbing her temples in frustration. The two cats sure loved to fight. A vase had already broken. Aa well as a few plates and glass. Her things were scattered everywhere.

If Grandma saw this, surely Savannah would be the one responsible to take care of it. She had tried to separate the two, carrying Carrick to the air, but the orange furred cat kept hissing and following her everywhere until she got tired and finally drop Carrick to the floor.

That was how they started to fight again.

This time, she could heard vase breaking. Savannah rubbed her temples harder, hoping that it would soothe the headache, and it didn't.

Savannah sighed as she finally stood up, intending to take some water to cure her almost dry throat. Her eye twitched as soon as she scanned the mess in the kitchen, shaking her head in disapproval.

Carrie was having her face in the bag of whiskas, while Carrick a bit fearfully looked down, seemingly afraid to meet Savannah's eyes upon the mess. Savannah took another bag of whiskas from the higher cabinet where she had saved all those food and poured the thing to a plastic plate.

Sha was just glad that they had stopped fighting already. Carrick's fat body being lifted to the air as the male cat just went along to his owner. Savannah set the cat down, then putting the plate full of food to his front.

That left Carrie alone in the kitchen, seemingly happy that she can finally feasted on the snack.

Savannah frowned upon Carrick's behavior. He just stood there, then laying flat on his stomatch to lick his own fur, completely ignoring the food. She checked for any wound from the earlier brawl, but found none.

Savannah grabbed the unsuspecting cat to her lap all of sudden, causing him to let out a squeak of meow in cute way. Savannah resisted the urge to pet him, focusing on the task to shove the food down his throat.

Bedgrudingly, the cat finally ate it, even if that just a little. He was in some sort of stress, Savannah concluded. Maybe, that was caused by their newcomer. Carrick seemed fine with the female, while Carrie would endlessly hissing and tried to claw at him.

But, maybe the difference between the two cat was that Carrick was more spoiled, proven by him accepting the food that was placed in Savannah's hand. She had tried to forcefully plunging it in his mouth, now, seemingly he began to ate in his own account.

Savannah made a face at that, scowling a little.

All of a sudden, the sound of someone screaming was heard throughout the house, before the door was slammed open and Janette walked in with tears in her eyes. The teenager immediately snatched Carrick from Savannah's hold and sobbing into the ball of fur.

Savannah's lips parted slightly as she gaped at her, she frowned. "What happen?"

Janette said in between sobs, "H-he is w-with an-another girl!"

Savannah jumped as she heard the word, cracking her knuckles. She lurched out of the bed, hurriedly took long steps intending to meet the boy fast. She was gonna cook Brandon for dinner later.

Savannah was met the terrified eyes of Brandon standing in the doorway as soon as she slammed the front door open. Brandon gulped, eyeing the furious Savannah and her balled fists.

"I-I can e-explain." Brandon cursed himself for stuttering. He let out a squak as suddenly Savannah dragged him in the house.

If she intend to turn off his life, Savannah would make sure that no one saw them. She just needed to feed a body bag and shovel after that.

Brandon could feel Savannah's hands hitting and slapping his bigger body, though she was much smaller, but there was no doubt to the power of her slap, which made Brandon gasp as he struggled to explain, "Le-let me e-explain fi-first!"

He was pretty much ignored. "S-she--". He was cut off by a slap to his mouth.

In between the beatings, they could feel another presence joined them in the living room. The sound of hissing and little growling in the sofa immediately reached their ears. Savannah took a glance, noticing the two cats fought again, Janette trailing after them.

Janette gasped at the sight of two fights took place in the same room. Carrie had lured Carrick out of the Savannah's bedroom after she had gotten her stomatch full, intending to fight again.

It was that the female cat ran towards the living room, where another beating had taken place. The two fights sure, sounded loud. Some vases even break. Everything got messier as things began to fall into the floor.

Carrick and Carrie stopped for a while. They just noticed another fight commenced in the room. Surprisingly, they ditched their own brawl and trotted towards the two humans to help their owner.

And, the cats began their execution, hissing and clawing at Savannah's opponent, thinking that Brandon was a threat.

Janette was amazed at the two cats' loyalty. She rubbed the tears from her eyes and began cheering on the three. "Yeah, go! Go! Go! Hit harder, claw it, yeah!"

Brandon upon hearing Janette's voice in the room, immediately making grabby hands at her, pleading her to help him.

Brandon was about to shout for Janette, but as soon as he opened his mouth, it was stuffed with a claw. At this point, Brandon was sure he was about to cry.

The teenage boy doubted if he could crawl from the mess alive. Well, he could only pray.

I haven't touched my college registration yet. This is give me the stress. That's why the update is quite short. Sorry!