Chapter 30

He was wearing a black suit, looking at the window in deep thoughts. Yet, in the silence atmosphere, he still couldn't think straight. Something was greatly bothering him.

After some moments, Lucas sighed deeply. His body falling into the chair behind him. A few minutes passed as a frown began to decorate his handsome face.

Lucas took off his suit, changing it into a more comfortable clothes, a black T-shirt that was neither too tight nor too loose. At the same time, he gathered his thoughts. A resolute look began to appear on his face as he finally decided on something important.

Snatching the keys on top of the table, Lucas exited the apartement as he walked towards the garage, where he got in his car and drove somewhere.

That afternoon, Savannah had just woken up. Her body felt sore all over lately, and she was incredibly tired. Both in mind and body.

Yawning softly, Savannah exited the house, looking at the familiar scenery of the house that has been accompanying her for a few months. Somehow, she felt conflicted in her heart. She was restless about something.

Savannah stretched her body, yet before could even blink, she felt that she was tugged away by something. Savannah tried to struggled in vain. She couldn't see the person who was dragging her.

"Let go of me!" Savannah snapped. She had also just woken up. In her extremely bad mood state, she really wanted to let out a string of curses.

"I really wanted to talk to you about something," explained the one who had dragged her.

Savannah was shoved into a car. She tried to open it, but end up in failure. Gradually, a frown began to form in her face as she ceased all the struggles.

"You--" Savannah was almost yelling in anger at the sight of Lucas calmly got in the passenger beside her. She didn't have a choice but to swallow down all her curses and curse him in her head instead.

She was glaring at him. A clear sign that she was rather angry at the way he was bringing her away. "What do you want?"

Lucas didn't answer. A few seconds later, he started the car and they gradually getting away from her house. Savannah's face still contained anger that was barely able to be restrained.

Seeing this, Lucas just sighed and patiently repeated the words he had just spoken to her a few minutes ago. "I ... I just need to talk about something to you."

Savannah was silent for a moment. "What do you want to talk about? Speak now."

"I will talk to you once we arrived at the place." Lucas tried to explain.

Savannah didn't say anything to respond at his answer. She just closed her eyes. Her chest heaving up and down trying to control her own breathing until finally she got calmer.

Lucas also didn't disturb her. He knew that starting any conversation at this point would just making everything became more awkward.

They finally arrived at the mansion, where Lucas lead Savannah out of the car and straight into the rooftop of the mansion. In the place where night gradually took place amd the stars began to shine above their heads.

Savannah just followed silently, surpressing any emotion in her face. She tried to look around and found none in the area.

Lucas had ordered Charlie to take care of Adrian. The little boy was probably sleeping or playing around somewhere far from where they were right now.

Now, the two of them was standing under the night sky. Each with their own complicated thoughts. Savannah closed her eyes for a bit longer before opened them again. Yet, she wasn't staring at Lucas. She was waiting.

Lucas was silent for a moment. If one looked closely enough, he was even felt a bit nervous a the moment. His eyes darted around their surrounding as if he was mustering his courage.

He took a deep breath. "I want to be honest with you right now." He stopped for a moment. After some hesitation, he continued. "I-I really like you."

Savannah's expression was calm, with no ripples of emotion whatsoever, making Lucas's anxiousness grew. He was a bit unsure, yet he was ready to accept whatever answer she may provided him with.

Savannah finally letting out a soft sigh. Her expression showed some sign of cracking. The bleakness in her eyes was unable to be concealed any longer.

Lucas was stunned seeing this.

"I know that we haven't acquaintanced to each other for long, but--" his words was cut off when Savannah waved her hand, gesturing him to be silent. Her eyes wasn't on him.

"I don't know," she said softly, eyes casted to the ground in deep thoughts. "I-i don't know if I could forgive you that easily..."

Lucas's eyes held confusion. What was she talking about? He had a bad feeling about this.

"That day... " Savannah paused as those memories surfaced again. She urged herself to continue, "You left me to be humiliated in altar. We waited you for hours, the guests began excusing themselves. I was hurt, Lucas. My whole family, how they must have been felt."

Lucas stayed still, body frozen in shock as she recite those words.

Now, he remembered why she looked so familiar. His held gradually felt a bit of panic as she continue with her words.

"My husband," her voice held fondness as she spoke about him. "He was your far cousin, Justin Hernandez. He took your place. You may don't really know him or even remember his name, but he was my savior that day."

A long silence took place soon after those words came out of her mouth. She desperately tried to hold the tears threatened to spill as her lips trembled. She waited for him to recovered from his shock.

A minute that felt like an hour passed. He didn't move. His mind couldn't process all the confession she had just made.

"I hope," she whispered, "you remember."

With that, she took her leave. Leaving Lucas alone, still frozen in the night breeze  that could made anyone shiver, but at the moment, he just feel numb. The guilty feeling also slowly gnawing at his heart.

Hi, I am back! Sorry for making you wait after so long.

Lately, I am kinda obsessed with reading martial arts chinese story and I will forget about everything else then :((