{ 9 }

*Remember to vote, comment and follow me if you'd like! Also, the man in the picture is what I'd imagine the man in her dreams would look like*
———————————————————-

"How she doing?" I kept my eyes closed as I heard a man speak.

"Better, she should be waking up soon." Another voice said.
I stirred around and mumbled as I slowly opened my eyes. After taking a second to adjust to the light, I immediately recognized the man in front of me. I quickly sat up and tried to jerk myself further from him, causing him to kneel and look at me. Concern flashed through his eyes.

"Riah, you need to calm down. You suffered some trauma to your head, Nora tried her best to protect you from the fall but she didn't get to you fast enough." He said to me, still looking into my eyes.

I glanced over at the woman standing behind him, a middle aged looking female with dark blonde hair and square glasses.
"What's going on?" I asked, my voice sounding hoarse.

The man turned to look at the lady, she nodded as he looked back into my eyes.

"Riah, you've been unconscious for around four days. You blacked out in Nora's kitchen and hit your head. Right now, we're in a recovery room at the church." He spoke gently.

I widened my eyes and made an attempt at standing up, only to fail and crash back down to the small bed. He set a hand on my shoulder, causing a spark to run down my arm.

"You probably shouldn't do that. You need to get some rest."

I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms. "I don't want to be in this church, let me leave this fucking creep fest or I'll scream." I glared at him through narrowed eyes.

He chuckled lightly. "Riah, this is the safest place for you right now." He informed me as he stood back up.

"Then why did that man die by the altar under the big cross?" I asked as I raised my eyebrow.

He was about to leave the room, until he heard what I said and halted in his tracks. "What did you just say?"

"That thing killed him. Right in front of the cross." I said, remembering my crazy dream I had the other day.

"How do you know about that?" He asked abruptly, his gaze causing heat to rise to my skin.

"A dream. Can I leave now?" I questioned, arms still crossed.

He shook his head. "No. It's not safe. Once you've rested, we'll explain everything."

I tried to protest, when a sudden pain shot through my back up to my neck. I held my head in my arms, "Fuck! Why am I in so much pain!"

"Because you're home, and your body is trying to process it." He whispered as he turned and left the room.

Before I could question what was going on, my vision became blurry as I slumped back into the bed and blacked out.

I could hear him getting closer as I knelt down in front of the cross and bowed my head to pray. His growling got louder and louder, the hairs on the back of my neck stood straight up. I tried not to move, but I could feel him inching closer. I opened my eyes and looked up, waiting for him to attack. Right when I thought he was going to jump on me, my mother appeared through the back doors, screaming.

"Run, Riah. You need to run!" I stood up and turned to escape, when I saw the man with the blue eyes standing where the creature was once before. His mouth full of blood, he smiled, revealing a set of sharp fang like teeth. I gasped, a tear streamed down my cheek.

Red Ruin {Book One} ✔️ (CURRENTLY EDITING)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara