{ 21 }

* Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me if you'd like(: *

Demitri POV

As I watched the group of men leave the warehouse, worry spread throughout my body. If he so much as puts a finger on her, I will end him. Rushing into my office, I grabbed my phone off the desk and sent Alec a text.

I think I know where Callum is keeping Riah. I sent some men to do recon but I'll need you back here to go through the steps in order to get her back.

As soon as I locked my phone and set it back down on the table, Devitt busted through the door with a tired look spread across his face.

I arched my brow, "What's wrong?"

"We found an Ironpaw wolf harassing some vampires by Le Club. Marcel and I grabbed him. He's in the basement waiting to be questioned." He answered, turning to lead me to the wolf.

Following him through the winding staircase, I clenched my fists as I got ready to interrogate him. Once we stopped in front of a brown door at the end of a dimly lit hallway, Devitt turned to me and set his hand on my shoulder.

"I'll stay out here. But Don, don't kill the guy. He's no use to us dead."

Nodding, I opened the door wide enough to slide through, then slammed it behind me.

In the middle of the empty room was a man in a chair, hunched over, tied at the hands and ankles. As I made my way to him, I grabbed the back of his neck and tilted his head up so he was looking me in the eyes.

"Where's Riah?" I questioned through clenched teeth.

"Who the fuck is Riah?" He spit out, blood pouring out of his mouth.

Wrapping my hand around his throat, I narrowed my gaze. "Don't act stupid. Where is she?"

Letting out a sinister laugh, the wolf rolled his eyes. "You vampires think you're so fucking smart. I don't know where your slut is."

Smirking, I tightened my grip on his throat causing his face to turn even redder than it already was. "Don't give me a reason to end your shit life. Answer the god damn question."

Exhaling slowly, he stared at me for a moment before answering again. "I don't know who that is. Even if I did, why the hell would I tell you?" He chuckled again.

This dumbass must think his life holds more purpose than ransom. Shaking my head, I ran my fist into his stomach as hard as I could. Hunched over, the wolf continued to stay quite.

Standing up, I tilted his head back and clocked his jaw, knocking him out. Blood flew across the room and splattered onto the floor as his body slumped into the chair. Cracking my neck, I brushed myself off and left the room.

"Did he tell you anything?" Devitt asked, giving me a curious look.

I shook my head. "He claims he doesn't know who Riah is, but I'm not so sure he's telling the truth. Wolves are nothing but lying scum. Keep him locked up until I say otherwise."

Agreeing, Devitt continued to guard the room as I made my way out of the basement back to the main level of the warehouse.

Dodging Selene, I walked into my office and slammed the door behind me. As I sat down at my desk, I placed my face in my hands and took a deep breath. I can feel how alone she feels right now and its killing me. I'm supposed to protect her and I couldn't even do that. She's not in my arms right now and every second without her is another second in hell. I can't help but miss her feisty attitude, her beautiful green eyes looking into mine. She makes me feel different than anyone ever has, her lips give me life even if I'm technically not living. She's my other half I never knew I was missing.