1

"Thanks" I told the taxi, handing him 15 dollars. He nodded then drove off.

I looked around at my green surroundings. There was a beautiful lake and a beautiful sky. I breathed in the fresh scent of forest, and smiled to myself. This is going to be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I immediately regretted the fact that I didn't bring a sweater. Outside during night was freezing. Thank goodness that they had a fire.

By they, I mean Rim Of The World.

I sat close next to it, trying to absorb its heat. I rub my arms, a horrible attempt to warm myself up. I shiver and hug myself.

"You ok?" A boy sat next to me. I turned my head to see a beautiful boy looking straight into my eyes. I have never seen someone more beautiful then this brunette sitting right next to me.

"Well what do you think" I say with sass as my teeth chatter. His presence warmed me up a bit, but obviously I was still freezing. That, and I was a tad bit stubborn.

"Here" he said, taking off his jacket.

"Thanks" I slightly nod at him, not wanting to show how I truly feel about his action. I automatically started to feel warmer as I put on his jacket. It had this smell- forest one at that, I really liked it.

We looked into eachothers eyes, trying to figure out what the other was thinking. Eventually his brown eyes and beautiful features made me loose my breath.

I start panting for air, and lean over, my hand on my heart, the other, trying, but failing to reach into my pocket.

"Hey- hey! Are you ok? Shit" he said looking around for anyone's help, but everyone had already headed to bed.

"P-pocket" I Said- my voice fading. He reached into my pocket and retrieved my inhaler. He pushed it past my lips and clicked the one button that would heal me of this sickness.

I breathed in loudly. He looked at me worriedly.

"Thanks" I told him, breathlessly. Who knew that a loss of breath could tell the world how I really feel inside.

"Anytime" he muttered under his breath.

"I think we should both head to our cabins?"

"Y- yeah" he agreed shakily.

I gave him back his jacket and thanked him with a kiss on his cheek and walked back to my cabin, feeling his eyes staring right at my back, and I didn't look back.

———————————————————————-

Since childhood, I learned a thing or two about taking risks. That meant that activities that the camp put on flew by like a breeze.

Now, I was in my cabin, reading. Another world- another life - a better life - with another great adventure.

"Hey, whatcha reading" a raven hair girl asked me curiously. For some reason, I found her annoying. My life was filled with only peace and quiet. Everyone who talked to me usually was annoying to me. The boy last night - he was an exception.

"Nothing" I mumbled, driving right back into the book.

"Oh I get it- you aren't a talker. Don't worry- by the end of this, I'll get you to open up." The raven hair girl said- practically the same thing any new kids back home would tell me.

Home

Was that really something I consider my home? It felt more like a shitty hellhole.