7

We watched as Dariush walked quietly towards the car. He had decided that this was his moment to be the hero. I was tapping my foot as ZhenZhen bandaged my cheek. We were both worried, but we decided to be productive.

As soon as ZhenZhen finished bandaging my face, I headed over to Gabriel, knowing that we could provide eachother comfort in this situation.

"You feeling alright?" Gabriel asked me as I intertwined our fingers.

"Ya, just worried about Dariush. You?" I asked him

"About the same. By the way, when did you get that gun? You should have used it on those guys who tried to take you from me- I mean- us." He questioned.

"I didn't have it then, I found it in the mall.... maybe I should have gotten the rest of you one too." I told him, rethinking my decision.

"It isn't your fault- You saved us, without you, we probably wouldn't even be standing here."

"You mean in the middle of an alien invasion?" I teased

"You know what I mean" He said with a goofy expression.

"I got it!" Dariush screams from down there, quickly breaking the moment. We all started jumping in joy. "I got the key" He yells once again. I notice the alien start looking up. My insides start filling up with dread as we all tried to warn Dariush.

"What?" Dariush asked us, confused by our worried faces. "I got it"

We continued trying to warn him, but he only noticed when the alien scratched his stomach. He hobbled inside of the car as we all started to run, trying to help him. Once we got there, I helped him up as we ran with the rest of the group, fleeing from the scene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked next to Alex as he starts talking to ZhenZhen

"That was really cool driving back there" he smiles at her. I realize that this may become a moment for them, so I quickly walk over to Gabriel. He slings his arm across my shoulder as I lean against him.

I look back to see that ZhenZhen and Alex were staring right at each other. If they were about to kiss, I didn't want to be the one to ruin it, so I continued to walk with Gabriel. He looked me in the eyes as we walked. I remember when I first saw him. Although now and then are very different, I could still feel myself loosing my breath at the sight of him. He wasn't scared of me. He understood me. Was I in love? I have never felt love, but when he looks at me, it feels so surreal.

He looked away from me and continued walking.

"How did you learn to shoot like that?" He asked me.

"I was the mysterious person in town. People knew that I took kickboxing, but they didn't know that I trained myself how to shoot. been doing it for two years" I smiled at him, answering his question.

"You're a badass" he said, admiring me.

"I could say the same about you" I smirked at him. We continued walking in a comfortable silence. I could hear ZhenZhen and Alex run up to us.

"Yo, look- look! JPL!" Gabriel said excitedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dr. Fielding! Dr.Fielding!" Alex continuously yells, trying to find the doctor. I didn't believe that the doctor was alive, I mean, the whole building looked in bad shape, and I have seen no one else alive, but, there would be no noise on the radio if he were dead. I quickly realize the actual reality of the situation. The doctor was dead. His blood tapped onto the machine that transmitted to our radio. My little amount of hope was once again crushed.